Need help identifying what these are? They have k1000 horns and 2r crossovers.

vmags

I'm new to the site and either I submitted my first post incorrectly or the mods have not approved.

I want to know a few things.

1) Was this cabinet affiliated with Klipsch

2) if not Klipsch cabinets but custom job, what did the Klipsch components go to?

3) how old are they?

Inside they are labeled in pencil "Audio Center 15523 and audio center 15523(11)

Crossover balancing network is type 2r, inspected by "Jones".
Drivers are:
K77 tweeters 
K55 mid with K1000 horns
Bass driver seems to be electro voice sp12 rebranded as Klipsch and associates k22

Build quality on the cabinets are top notch. Hardware for folding doors is top build quality also.

They have also have casters

[Moderator removed unknown links]

• Moderators
2 hours ago, vmags said:

Thanks Travis.  I used Google photos to creat a link to share.    What is the method y'all prefer?

Anything, it just threw me for a loop, I apologize. But so much crap comes in here I do my best to keep it safe as possible. You are not a robot, so use whatever is best. Dropbox is obviously fine.

7 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Anything, it just threw me for a loop, I apologize. But so much crap comes in here I do my best to keep it safe as possible. You are not a robot, so use whatever is best. Dropbox is obviously fine.

Makes total sense!  Thanks for approving. Here are a few images

image.png.0f311d130b08919a6f6889edde689853.png

image.png.f63f18a7d38c0f3c67dc93bb313b4759.png

image.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vmags said:

Crossover balancing network is type 2r, inspected by "Jones".
Drivers are:
K77 tweeters 
K55 mid with K1000 horns
Bass driver seems to be electro voice sp12 rebranded as Klipsch and associates k22

The  tweeter-midrange drivers and horns , woofers , crossovers are  klipsch  Parts  ,   the Woofer EV SP12B    16 Ohms  /K-22 was used in the early 60's  in the   H series 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OO1 said:

The  tweeter-midrange drivers and horns , woofers , crossovers are  klipsch  Parts  ,   the Woofer EV SP12B    16 Ohms  /K-22 was introduced around 1970  

They sound absolutely wonderful on percussions for their age.    Over the span of 10 years, probably 200 speakers, I am constantly asking my wife "CAN YOU HEAR THAT???!!"   She always shrugs and tries to be supportive.

Finally, after 10 years, last night during a flute piece, she burps out, "OMG I can hear her breathing"!   lol.  Success.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, vmags said:

They sound absolutely wonderful on percussions for their age.    Over the span of 10 years, probably 200 speakers, I am constantly asking my wife "CAN YOU HEAR THAT???!!"   She always shrugs and tries to be supportive.

Finally, after 10 years, last night during a flute piece, she burps out, "OMG I can hear her breathing"!   lol.  Success.

I edited  my   post ,  the EV SP12  and EV SP12B  were used in the Early 60's  in the Klipsch H Model   ,   your speaker's klipsch components could be dated from  1961 up to  1967 .

can you please post  the serial numbers of  the drivers K-77 , K-55V and k-22   , that can help narrow down the year  of manufacture Tx 

19 minutes ago, OO1 said:

I edited  my   post ,  the EV SP12  and EV SP12B  were used in the Early 60's  in the Klipsch H Model   ,   your speaker's klipsch components could be dated from  1961 up to  1967 .

can you please post  the serial numbers of  the drivers K-77 , K-55V and k-22   , that can help narrow down the year  of manufacture Tx 

Thanks for the help!

image.png.a102b876094ee212053fabf5f1a82294.png

image.png.55f5b0009dd9b88c78a54ad0489c135c.png

20 minutes ago, OO1 said:

and the k77 (file size exceeded so had to post 2nd) image.png.1939178784a45329108380b0c13fbe92.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, billybob said:

Almost like WAF safe  attractive. Like the design.

Wood. Half expected to open it up and turn on the TV or fridge. There appears a logo or emblem like. On second place maybe not.

They are easy on the eyes, that is for sure!   As far as emblems there are none at all in front.    When removing the first back access panel, the one to the rear vented chamber, there was a brown paper back folded up and stapled to the access panel for the drivers but something ate half the bag and whatever was inside.     

These have me stumped completely and I researched pretty hard.

1)The driver cabinets are much bigger than the Heresy cabinets

2) I can't find anything on the 2R balancing network (crossover) plus it looks more like a shorthorn or Klipschorn crossover.

3) The cabinets are top notch build quality and design.

4)Having K1000 horns w/ k55v mids

I am really hoping someone is able to shed some light, I am so curious.

• Like 2

These look like keepers for sure. Really attractive mid century wife friendly cabinets, if your wife isn't keen on having large speakers in the room, with the doors closed they look like nice end tables. A refinishing in the colour of your (her), choice...

• Like 1