SOLD: Forte III tweeters, midrange drivers, and crossovers.

Stubb

Forte III tweeters, midrange drivers, and crossovers pulled from my speakers during the IV upgrade process.

They all work great. Now they're packed and ready to ship: yours for $275 shipped CONUS.

Payment via cash.app, Zelle, or check.

I'm in Atlanta, GA.

IMG_1972.thumb.jpg.95c0cc7f86cf6932f9119e6cdbe4d99a.jpg

Edited by Stubb
Components have been sold and are no longer available.
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Would make a nice upgrade on forte and or forte II model as well.

Could easily build a set of III's with these parts on the cheap woofers and passives are readily available just need mid horns. 

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-forte-lll-passive-radiator-kd-15-st-1063995/

5 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Could easily build a set of III's with these parts on the cheap woofers and passives are readily available just need mid horns. 

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-forte-lll-passive-radiator-kd-15-st-1063995/

Why replace the woofers and passive radiator on a forte II?  I fail to see the benefit.  I would think the only replacement required would be the squawker horns.

9 hours ago, epictetus21 said:

Stubb:

Am interested to buy for my Forte ii but am waiting for Trey Cannon at Klipsch to respond to query (hopefully this Tuesday). Quick question: (am in Asheville, NC) can you meet me part way on I-85? Will pay cash. Txs, Richard

No, shipping only.

1 hour ago, Nholbrook said:

I was interested in these for my Forte IIs. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to use the midrange driver from the forte III with my forte IIs? Thanks!

Yes, but you may have to purchase forte III, or IV squawker horns.  Not sure if the tractrix squawker horns from the forte II will mount to the new drivers.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:00 AM, Nholbrook said:

Thanks @John Chi-town. I know Klipsch requires serial numbers for parts like a midrange horn. Is there anywhere else these can be found or would I just need to get lucky and find a used pair?

I would do the upgrade regardless.  Should still be a huge improvement whether you replace the squawkers or not.  Do you know anyone with a pair of III or IV that could call in a "favor" for you?  If not, as time goes on, you should be able to more readably find a pair on the used market.  

On 2/19/2023 at 10:00 PM, Nholbrook said:

Thanks @John Chi-town. I know Klipsch requires serial numbers for parts like a midrange horn. Is there anywhere else these can be found or would I just need to get lucky and find a used pair?

Just so you're aware a factory k-703m horn will not fit in the F-II the horn is slightly smaller and will need adapters. If ordering horns through Klipsch might want to look into the k-604 its the same as the stock F-II horn except with the threaded insert driver mount. @dtr20 3D printed adapters for his Chorus II's:

k604number.jpg

k-703madapter.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Stubb changed the title to SOLD: Forte III tweeters, midrange drivers, and crossovers.