unbending bent speaker cone

Got_Horns

6 minutes ago, Deang said:

Will also buckle if driven too hard. 

Buy, and start looking for another RC-7 that you can cannibalize.

I’ve never understood how this supposedly doesn’t affect the sound. 

I can't imagine how it wouldn't affect the sound.  Whether or not my ears can hear the difference??? Guessing that's why the price is what it is.

13 hours ago, Got_Horns said:

I'm curious.  Would it still be a good buy, if it needs a tweeter and or a replacement mid driver?

Tweeter is there.  You can see the bug screen in the driver in the photo.  Phase plug is behind that screen and not a part of the horn like some other klipsch

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:44 AM, Got_Horns said:

Working on a picture here soon. 

So what about this picture?

You could try to use some pipe (ex. from vacuum cleaner) and try to suck it a bit (but not with the machine). This is what I did with Forte's woofer dust cover. But actually with cone, you have the access from behind too, so just try to push it out carefully.

27 minutes ago, Bacek said:

So what about this picture?

You could try to use some pipe (ex. from vacuum cleaner) and try to suck it a bit (but not with the machine). This is what I did with Forte's woofer dust cover. But actually with cone, you have the access from behind too, so just try to push it out carefully.

The picture is up there☝️

I ended up getting it.  I'm just going to replace the speaker.  I can't see a good way to fix it.  A vacuum isn't going to pop the cone, like it would the dust cover.  It's worse than that picture shows. 

Try a shop vac with an end attachment slightly larger than the bent cone (for smaller cones).  For larger cones use a std end piece for the vac.  Very important to have an incremental valve for suction power.  This way you can be ultra careful.  Have seen it done with good success.