Which digital camera do you have?

Kain

----------------

On 1/17/2003 3:44:15 PM RangerSix wrote:

So you are looking at getting a Sony Front Projector? Let me guess ... Sony HS10. For it's price (approx sub $3000), performance wise they're hard to beat. Too bad they have DVI ports.

----------------

Just out of curiosity,

What is wrong with having a DVI port.

I have one on my PC and I would love to hook it up to a projector for some widescreen tribes2.

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 1/17/2003 7:19:54 PM Invidiosulus wrote:

Just out of curiosity,

I have one on my PC and I would love to hook it up to a projector for some widescreen tribes2.

Peace, Josh

----------------

What's wrong with DVI?

Well, this technology is not developed with you, the consumer, in mind. It's not hardware based on technological advances and progress. It's a draconian technology that benefits one segment of society - the entertainment industry. Hollywood proclaims it's about copy protection. That's a lie, it's about control. DVI/HDCP has the potential, should it be adopted as the standard, of making obsolete 3+ million current HDTVs in existence (downrezzing HD signals to 480p). I've heard that current cable lengths are restricted to 6 feet (a factor with front proj systems). You cannot record from DVI (Ooops ... so much for recording the Super Bowl). Well, there's much more to it than that, but I'm tired tonight. Earlier today, I wrote about DVI in another thread.

Unless your PC has DVI/HDCP protocols built into its hardware, then sadly Tribes2 will just have to wait.

----------------

Just out of curiosity,

Peace, Josh

----------------

You play Tribes2? How cool.. I used to. I quit playing about a year ago, but I was in the tribe Silicon Rangers.... I suppose I still am, but I never practice or play any more.

I've played "Tribes 2" off and on as well...networked throughout all four computers in the house so everyone can team up. It was fun and frustrating (I'm not a "gamer"...I have a PS2 and only one game, "Gran Turismo 3"). Now I enjoyed playing "Redneck Rampage" by Electronic Arts, but since having WindowsXP Pro as an OS for my PC, I haven't played it in over a year!7.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2003 1:28:43 AM Lone Palm wrote:

Sony and not ral happy with it. Have attempted to shoot pics of my gear and post them but can't get quality shots.

----------------

Which Sony digital camera do you have?

----------------

On 1/17/2003 11:25:50 AM KAiN64 wrote:

Thanks guys.

By the way,
disregarding price
, would you get the Sony DSC-P9 Cyber-shot, the Canon PowerShot S45, or the Sony DSC-S85 Cyber-shot?

----------------

Don't bother with the P9. The S45 and the S85 both have great lenses (S85 has a Carl Zeis lense,) but you can't really go wrong with either one. The one major advantage of the S85 is that it has a slot for external flash. Other than that, they are both great cameras.

Personally, I would go with the Canon PowershotS45, just because it is one of the highest rated cameras, and Sony doesn't produce high quality products like they used to.

edit:

Forgot to mention that I still use my Olympus C2000Z (2.0 MegaPixel) camera for digital photography. I bought it back in 1998 for $1,000 but it was well worth it as I still use it to this day and get pictures that rival 5 megapixal shots at 1600x1200.

I know this is off topic, but as an SLR, I use a Minolta Maxxum 5, and as a "carry around all the time camera," I use a Canon Elph Jr (APS.)

----------------

On 1/17/2003 10:25:45 PM RangerSix wrote:

----------------

Just out of curiosity,

Peace, Josh

----------------

Unlike firewire, DVI offers all sorts of "nifty" copyright protection, which hollywood loves. Thank god Mits decided to go with firewire on all their rear projection TVs.

• 2 weeks later...