HELP ME HELP MYSELF

ThePatMan

I have tooo much money that my rich parents gave me. Ive never worked a day in my life and i look down on poor people. Someone tell what overpriced speakers to buy so i can have a 30k home theatre while people starve on the street. Charity, whats that. Im too absorbed in which reference set because the dimensions of my 10000 sq foot house need the perfect audio system to resonate the beautiful classical music. I scoff at people who have to use regular speakers, or dont have a butler. I'm and audophile, hmm does that remind u of another word that ends in phile? Well newayz some1 sweet talk me into buying a 40k home theatre just because i can. :-D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly recommend the purchase of several Bose systems. I have had a set of Klipsch for a while, and to be honest I think they take up way too much room. If I could have afforded the Bose quality I would have.

For now I will have to tolerate this klipsch system.

happy listening. I wish I had rich parents.

----------------

On 1/18/2003 2:49:33 PM ThePatMan wrote:

m00n ur link is non functioning. But i bet it was a waste of a few grand

go use the money on something worthwhile. I cant wait til you upgrade ur system and go deaf

----------------

Listen, don't come into our area of the world and start mouthing off. Your welcome has officially ran out. There is the door, don't let it hit your *** on the way out. However thanks for letting me know my link was not working.... Now leave.

hey pat, whats the deal here? lots of people have worked pretty hard for the systems they have, including me, and probably don't take to the idea of being called a rich fat cat very well. Now I can assume you aren't a poor person, one because you are on this forum which means you have a computer, and two because the only reason you would be on this forum is if you were looking for a set of speakers, and no one poor is going to even consider klipsch. before you come on here, and call us all fat cats, think it out a little more, look at your house and car, and tell us that we don't have a right to own such audio equipment.

waste is something only the buyer can define. let me use an analogy. say you're a snobby teenage girl, you go into Marshal Fields and you see a big wall of hand bags. there is everything from cheap plastic bags made in who knows where, to high quality 100% pure leather bags made in italy. being a teenage girl, you're gonna say "oh my god, those new 100% leather francisco hand bags are like, so, hot! I want one! like go take a seat you little plastic made in who knows where!" same goes for audio, or whatever happens to be your hobby. With that in mind, think twice before calling someone elses intrests stupid, because some of us here might find your handbag the biggest waste of all. your TV speakers may seem fine to me just as I feel a 10 dollar plastic hand bag might be fine for my girlfriend instead of a 80 dollar one, but it doesn't matter what you or I think, it only matters what the person buying it thinks.

Prodj... sounds like you've been in that situation before hehe.

Just so you don't think you are the almighty himself, let me just try to put you in your place, monetary wise. I have a bigger house. My parents have a more expensive home theater in the works. We have several houses, across the nation and one in the Cayman Islands. There are people here that are WAY WAY beyond what I have, and my parents worked HARD for this money, we have gone a long way. I pay for EVERYTHING i have. My car, my insurance, my gas, my speakers, everything. I own a web design company/production company called Catalyst Productions and work for a chemical company. I earn my money and am damn proud of it. It is nothing like what my parents make but I am just as proud. If my parents bought me everything like some of my friend's parents do, I doubt I would have the appreciation of what I do have. LUCKY for me I grew up semi poor, lower middle class really. Now things are much better off but I do not throw that into people's faces. Half my friends live the high life, the other half are just normal folks, and I must say I enjoy the company of the later much more.