Best Value Budget Bookshelf speakers for Home theater ?

Alex-03

Hi, I live in a small wooden house.

I currently am working on improving my home theater.

it in a small 12ft x 12ft. Room made of wood walls and wood subfloor.

I have two Klipsch subwoofers R-12sw ( 12-inch, 400watts )

I have a Onkyo 6050nr AVR with a 5.1.2 Atmos surround sound setup.

I have an AppleTV and 4k Blu-ray player.

I purchased some cheap Dayton-656 6-inch woofer bookshelf speakers and center channel about 15 years ago.

They are really cheap but work okay amazingly.

But I am ready to take my setup to the Next Level.

I am looking for some Good Budget friendly Bookshelf speakers that I can hang on the Wall as I don’t have any room

for floor standing speakers.

I would like some 5 or 6 inch dome speakers.

Purpose of speakers will be for listening to Music and Movies.

I want Dolby Digital / DTS / THX compliant speakers 

I want to hear the Music and Movies as the Creators intended for it to be heard.

But I want hours of listening enjoyment so I don’t want the speakers to be over powering and hard on the ears.

My Klipsch subwoofers already “SHAKE” the entire house so I don’t need more bass.

I would like 3 pair of Bookshelf speakers and one center channel.

What klipsch speakers do you suggest ?

I like treble and clear voice audio. Separation between audio instruments and voice so I like detailed audio.

I don’t want to audio to be drowned out by too much bass.

In my Setup I currently have a Klipsch 2.1 Soundbar 40 with 8-inch subwoofer as my default speakers when I watch TV.

When I watch Movies I turn off the soundbar and turn on the 5.1.2 Atmos Surround sound setup

Edited by Alex-03
Update
  • Like 1

Okay, I am in a small 12ft x 12ft Wood framed room with wood subfloors.

So I don’t need allot to engulf the room with sound.

I want like a Movie theater audio. I would like to be like the Dolby Theater on Hollywood.

I want a Balanced sound.

But I also want good music audio reproduction so thats way I want bookshelf speakers 

with 5 or 6 inch drivers.

What I have observed is that some Klipsch speakers produce an echo like sound or reverb.

Hollow hallway like echo.

I don’t want that.

I want more of an Easy on Ears Natural sound.

I don’t want a concert hall sound.

But I want clarity and detail in sound. NOT a Muddy sound.

Which Klipsch speaker would you recommend ?

Edited by Alex-03

6 hours ago, Alex-03 said:

Okay, I am in a small 12ft x 12ft Wood framed room with wood subfloors.

So I don’t need allot to engulf the room with sound.

I want like a Movie theater audio. I would like to be like the Dolby Theater on Hollywood.

I want a Balanced sound.

But I also want good music audio reproduction so thats way I want bookshelf speakers 

with 5 or 6 inch drivers.

What I have observed is that some Klipsch speakers produce an echo like sound or reverb.

I don’t want that.

I want more of an Easy on Ears Natural sound.

I don’t want a concert hall sound.

But I want clarity and detail in sound. NOT a Muddy sound.

Did you not see the recommendations posted?

9 hours ago, Alex-03 said:

I don’t want that.

Well then, if that's what you've heard from Klipsch speakers and you don't want that, then you don't want Klipsch speakers.

But that "hollow hallway like echo" is a sound quality attributable to room acoustics, not speaker construction.

And your square, 12 x 12 foot room is notorious for sound problems as is any square room, especially for lower frequencies.

Your room is small so and you have 2 subwoofers so you don't need large speakers. You can get away with 5" woofers and good

setup of your AV receiver.

Speakers that are THX certified will be more expensive because you're paying for the branding. They won't be budget friendly.

I agree with the previous posts than any Klipsch speaker will serve you well. It's your room's acoustics and speaker positioning which will

affect the sound more than anything else. Also, you'll want speakers that are wall mountable so either the speakers must have keyhole

mounts or you will have to install wall mounts. Something to consider.

13 hours ago, Alex-03 said:

Hollow hallway like echo

this one ,  

These are some of the best mini speakers ever produced period.  They are no longer in production but can be easily had on the used market.  I own many of them.  My daughter has a complete 7.1 system comprised of the a/d/s L300E's.  The L200E's are smaller with a 4" long throw woofer and the L400E is larger with real wood veneer and a 6" woofer.  I am using L400E's with the Sub 6 combo for my front effects and side surrounds these actually replaced Klipsch Heresy HIP's and can certainly hold there own with the Heritage big boys in the system.  Highly recommended.

s-l500.jpg

ADS L300E-.jpg

L400.jpg

Sub 6.jpg