Eagles Final Tour w/Steely Dan ticket info. Don't wait!

Dave1291

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Would like to know if they will come to Houston.

tour will last through 2025 ,   they'll show up in Texas in 2024 or 2025 when they'll switch to Western USA   , but nothing  in 2023

• Like 1

Not a single date in Canada?  That's disappointing.  I saw the Eagles twice, once at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto in 1977, and once at Exhibition Stadium, also in Toronto, in 1980, I think.  Very good shows.

Have you seen any 2-generation bands?  Arlo Guthrie's middle-aged son plays keyboards in his band, and Randy Bachman's grey-haired son plays 2nd guitar in his dad's band, which may or may not be called BTO.  Tal Bachman had just the one hit, unfortunately, She's So High.  It was a good song, and he deserved more success, but rock and roll's a crazy game.

• Like 1

Welllllll, that @001 is reading again, which is good.  Lightens my load in here.

Their ain't gonna be no more.  Think what you may but factor in this.  This is the way to go out.  The RIGHT way to treat their fan base, which is HUGE or maybe I'm wrong?  It's the way they roll and remember I'm from Ohio and I'm ancient.  I've seen a thing or two and KNOW a thing or three.  Life's about respect imo.

They began the "Hotel California" tour w/an 11 stop pre-tour just to get the feel.  Full orchestra and full choir @ EVERY stop.  Additionally EVERY former member of the band played those stops with the exception of Glenn Frey and Bernie Leadon.  I flew into Phoenix and had a date w/my youngest who knew every darn song they did by heart.  She was amazed at the show done by a bunch of old guys. lol  She's learnin thank God!  Had one of the best times of my life that nite with her.  Simple.

Then comes the tour after that w/zero downtime cause they hit every stop on the planet paying back to the fans.  Their best album EVER!  A wallet rape?  It takes a huge amount of money to tour and they basically make some money. 

Then after that Joe's out doing his Vets Aid gigs and killin it donating the money to his foundation.  Just like he promised he would when he started it. 

Now we're into the final run of "The Eagles" as we know it.  Couple all that up w/Steely Dan playing with them???  It's a darn no-brainer for a show.

Joe's almost 77 and for the last 10 years he's been bustin his balls fulfilling EVERY promise he's ever made (that he can remember lol).  Joe has NEVER made an idle promise that I know of.  In fact, when he did his Vets Aid show in Columbus.  It wasn't just Joe but he brought back his original band The James Gang one last time.  They flat out killed it!  He also brought in some great bands from Ohio one of which was The Black Keys from Akron.  Check 'em out if you haven't heard them.

I also know he fulfilled a promise he made years ago to a guy to play at the Toldeo Zoo???  A 2-3k seat venue outside.  Yup, he sucked it up, lost money but fulfilled his promise.  That's Joe!  Check me out if ya wanna.  Have at it cause I'm laffin.  The reason he played there most prolly isn't there.  A promise is a promise to him.  Period.  :)

I really debated on posting this but we're ALL in this together for ONE reason or maybe i'm wrong on that.  lol

This is it.  Hit their site, make the drive and enjoy the show cause it's gonna be one heck of a bittersweet moment for me.   They're never gonna stop and there could be some spot gigs down the road but the tours are done.  Joe will play anywhere for money.  lolol  That's Joe!

Choose your poison wisely.  Drop the cash and take your wife or whoever and enjoy the show and re-live the memories.  Like it,or laff at it cause I don't care.  I'm already in.  :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

tour will last through 2025 ,   they'll show up in Texas in 2024 or 2025 when they'll switch to Western USA   , but nothing  in 2023

Got a source for that info?  i'm in CYA mode here and haven't asked about it but kinda knew it was coming down the way it has so far.  I haven't even looked at the tour stops yet but it sounds logical.  I got the word this spring about Cleveland but nothing then about a full blown tour.  So dunno.  :)

I hope they release a Blu-ray DVD from this concert tour, I will certainly buy it. I have the Blu-ray of the Eagles Farewell Tour (1) from Sidney, the last one with Glenn Frey. I also have the Eagles "Live From The Forum 2018" on Blu-ray, which included Deacon Frey and Vince Gill, great concert!!!!!!

• Like 1