Klipsch Chorus 2 with Marantz 2270

mikega

Ok, while just about pulling the trigger on some Klipsch HOW speakers I ran into some Chorus 2s. Question. What are your thoughts on pairing them with my 2270? Do you think 70-80 watts will get the most out of these speakers? Thanks for any input.

• Like 1

Cool. I'm pretty good with the receiver end. I just took the whole thing apart, deoxed, inspected capacitors and circuit boards. The unit is working great. I didnt expect to run into these chorus 2s for a good price. They really weren't on my radar. Thanks for the help.

12 minutes ago, mikega said:

Cool. I'm pretty good with the receiver end. I just took the whole thing apart, deoxed, inspected capacitors and circuit boards. The unit is working great. I didnt expect to run into these chorus 2s for a good price. They really weren't on my radar. Thanks for the help.

Yes, they should pair well. Make certain as you can the Chorus 2 is in decent enough shape for what you are paying. Later, you can enjoy the sound by refreshing the crossover caps...

• Like 1

If you get the C2's for a good price, do it. I bought mine just before the plague. I looked for a set for over a year and I'm glad I did. I had to get them shipped but still ended up well ahead of what they seem to go for now. BTW, deang re-did my caps but said the old ones were all within spec. I had gotten the parts already. Enjoy them!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikega said:

Ok, while just about pulling the trigger on some Klipsch HOW speakers I ran into some Chorus 2s. Question. What are your thoughts on pairing them with my 2270? Do you think 70-80 watts will get the most out of these speakers? Thanks for any input.

image.thumb.png.2de51b2aef643a2dd516cbeb2ce70e86.png

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Vintage Marantz and Chorus II's make a very enjoyable match in my book. I had the 2270 and the 2325 and enjoyed them both. They were a little warmer, thicker, and less detailed sounding than say vintage Yamaha or Luxman. 

As far as price, minty or pristine pairs have been going between 15-1800. My money its an easy decision at 1200. I call that a downright bargain.

Good luck and by all means have fun along the journey.

• Like 1