Heresy IV vs Cornwall III

ademiu

Hey there, I'm a long-time lurker and figured it's a good time to join the discussion as I need your help.

I've recently made up my mind to purchase speakers from the Heritage line.

I had the opportunity to try out the Heresy IV and I like them a lot. They seem perfect for my needs

However, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. The room I'm working with is quite spacious, measuring 20x13 feet with a ceiling height of over 11 feet.

This has led me to wonder whether the Heresy speakers can effectively fill such a space.

In the same time, I came across used CW3 in my town. They are available at a similar price to the new Heresy IV.

This has made me consider whether it would be a sensible decision to switch to the CW3.

I truly like the sound of the Heresy speakers and I'm just contemplating whether they'll be able to deliver the kind of performance I'm looking for in a room of this considerable size.

What other considerations I should take in mind here? I know these are very different speakers, but any comments regarding performance of these two in large space will be super helpful.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, billybob said:

How  is the Heresy 4 filling up your room?

How loud do you like to listen?

Looks like you are into 2 channel stereo... @ademiu

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try them out in my room. Usually, I prefer listening to music at a low to moderate volume.

I'm envisioning placing these about 6 to 7 feet away from the listening spot. I want to connect them to Leben CS300 and RS30 and use them as a part of record-only system. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ademiu said:

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try them out in my room. Usually, I prefer listening to music at a low to moderate volume.

I'm envisioning placing these about 6 to 7 feet away from the listening spot. I want to connect them to Leben CS300 and RS30 and use them as a part of record-only system. 

Sounds good to me. Do you have a chance on listening to the Cornwall 3?

We have some Leben users here.

While waiting for more input, search the forum with keywords about Cornwall and tubes, even the 3. Turntable?

23 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sounds good to me. Do you have a chance on listening to the Cornwall 3?

We have some Leben users here.

While waiting for more input, search the forum with keywords about Cornwall and tubes, even the 3. Turntable?

Yeah, will be auditioning them on Sunday. I'm working with revamped 1210 (rega arm and mm cartrdiges)

• Like 1

PSX_20230205_200318.thumb.jpg.9c4ef078b17ee543fb6ae3fa8e48e5cc.jpgPSX_20230308_165830.thumb.jpg.240daf68fc6f161648b732aa4c3ee1af.jpgPSX_20230920_214901.thumb.jpg.98f74e10a6aeda9fee853063d6573262.jpg

11 hours ago, ademiu said:

My main system is the Leben CS300 with 1972 Heresies. For me, they fill up my living room (L-shaped, both legs 10m long, 4.5m wide and 2.4m high) but I don't play my music at concert level. The cs300 is 12wpc and should be enough. I have other amps (Denon and a vintage H/K430) that are around 35wpc, and they 'open up' the Heresies even more, so that the neighbours can join in listening 😉I play vinyl most of the time too, btw. I use the iFi Zen Phono (first edition).

So I think the heresies will do fine.

Also, consider other aspects like size and available space.

ps

I live in Belgium, and here, of late, used Klipsch Heritage gear, I mean vintage, has become very rare too. Especially the Heresies.

• Like 3

CWIII of those choices.

I have a very similar sized room as you. I have Forte IV's in my room and they are the perfect size for sound. I had Heresy IV's in my room and while they sounded good. they did sound smaller than the Fortes. I like a big sound so put me in the CW III camp. For my tastes the H IV ran out of bass in the room. The bass that was there was good and punchy, but it paled in comparison to the Fortes. You'll get a much bigger fuller sound with better bass from the CWIII. Either one are a blast to listen to. 

Edited by Bananas and Blow
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 4:13 PM, ademiu said:

The room I'm working with is quite spacious, measuring 20x13 feet with a ceiling height of over 11 feet.

18 hours ago, ademiu said:

I'm envisioning placing these about 6 to 7 feet away from the listening spot.

I think with these dimensions and your planned main listening position at 6 to 7 feet away from speakers, the Heresy IV's will be very adequate.  You will not get the bass extension of the Cornwall III's, but will get some pronounced bass down to the H4's limits.  Add a punchy subwoofer in the future if needed to fill the gap.

Bill

29 minutes ago, willland said:

I think with these dimensions and your planned main listening position at 6 to 7 feet away from speakers, the Heresy IV's will be very adequate.  You will not get the bass extension of the Cornwall III's, but will get some pronounced bass down to the H4's limits.  Add a punchy subwoofer in the future if needed to fill the gap.

Bill

I think this is the best solution. The Cornwalls would be too physically large if spaced against the 13ft. wall. In this case get the Heresy's as they'll play plenty loud if necessary, and you can add a subwoofer later to fill in any deficiencies.

If you are going to place the speakers against the 20ft. wall, get the Cornwalls. You won't be disappointed.