Heresy IV vs Cornwall III

ademiu

Thanks a lot for all the comments. I checked out the CWIII last night and really enjoyed the listen, thoguh I'm worried they can be boomy at times.

Final question - which of these speakers is more forgiving or demanding in terms of amplification. If you were to set them up with a cheap SS amplifier, would you lean towards H4 or CW3?

Edited by ademiu
  • Like 1

Does not matter, for both you don't need lot of juice. I heard (in Poland :) ) Heresy 1.5, Cornwall 1, Forte 1 with Sun Audio SV-2A3 2x3.5W amp (in rather small rooms max 24m2) and it had no issues with non of those speakers.

Audio Show 2023 in Warsaw is closing (end of this month). I bet you will be able to spot (and hear) some Klipsch  speakers there. Three years ago I saw there new Cornwall, Forte and KHorns.

9 hours ago, ademiu said:

If you were to set them up with a cheap SS amplifier, would you lean towards H4 or CW3?

I would pick CW I, but my taste is crooked :D. For sure I would pick CW3 over H3. H4 seems to be slightly different beast but I had no chance to listen to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ademiu said:

... which of these speakers is more forgiving or demanding in terms of amplification. If you were to set them up with a cheap SS amplifier, would you lean towards H4 or CW3?

Either speaker would thrive on cheap SS amplifiers. Low wattage amps won't get anywhere near clipping before your neighbors complain!

If you were to set them up with a cheap SS amplifier, would you lean towards H4 or CW3?

That should be a "no no" for any heritage speaker. You will only hear what you paid for with quality front end and amplification. You get a pass if this situation is only temporary 🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ademiu said:

Thanks a lot for all the comments. I checked out the CWIII last night and really enjoyed the listen, thoguh I'm worried they can be boomy at times.

Final question - which of these speakers is more forgiving or demanding in terms of amplification. If you were to set them up with a cheap SS amplifier, would you lean towards H4 or CW3?

Just get the better speakers. Heritage line speakers are very sensitive to amplification. Get the best speakers and upgrade the amp later. But you already have a great amp for them. 

• Like 2

Allright, Heresy will be here tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

Regarding the cheap amp - I'm currently using a Marantz PM5005(because of its decent phono preamp) alongside the Leben.

I have my eyes on the Leben RS 30 pre, but need few more weeks to get a budget on that one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ademiu said:

Regarding the cheap amp - I'm currently using a Marantz PM5005(because of its decent phono preamp) alongside the Leben.

I have my eyes on the Leben RS 30 pre, but need few more weeks to get a budget on that one.

Cool...

7 hours ago, ademiu said:

Let us know your first listening impressions in your room. I bet you will be happy.

• Like 1

The Heresy IV should sound wonderful. While I've be configuring some larger horn speakers. I've been using my older Heresy II speakers in a large room, 20 x 22 feet with 9 ft ceilings. The Heresy IIs sound great.

• Like 2