Heresy 2

Aris T.

Hello everyone!
I am thinking of purchasing a used pair of Heresy 2 (2001 model according to serial number)  in very good condition at 800 euros. Is that a good value? is there anything i have to look out for? My space is about 18 square meters and I have a good sansui 771 vintage receiver.

Thanks in advance !!

Edited by Aris T.
  • Like 1

Great speakers! I have a pair...  not sure. The stickers were gone off the backs. I believe they are from the lat '80s according to the inspection stickers inside the cabinets.

The should sound fine in a room that size.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OO1 said:

perfect

How does it look?? Do you think it is a good deal? I mean based on images and info..
i could not listen to them since they are in another city, but I have a video that they both play, and it looks legit. I spoke with the guy on the phone several times..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The cabs look to be in very good shape (mine are black lacquer) and I like the veneer on them.  Mine are in a room approx. 40 sq. meters and I have quite adequate bass for my taste in music.

Nice to hear that.

I have read so many weird stuff about bass that I have concerns. I assume that you also have them placed on the floor? In your opinion should I place them on some low stands or not??

15 minutes ago, Aris T. said:

I assume that you also have them placed on the floor? In your opinion should I place them on some low stands or not??

If you can place them in corners, you will get more bass. I have had mine on the floor, tilted back a little bit, but I felt like the sound was coming up at me. They are currently on top of some large bass horns (at the moment not being used) about four feet up. My room has 9+ foot ceilings. They are on their sides, and sound really great. Other than the weight, try them for a while in different places. Pick the one you like, no matter what 'experts' say.

Bruce

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aris T. said:

Nice to hear that.

I have read so many weird stuff about bass that I have concerns. I assume that you also have them placed on the floor? In your opinion should I place them on some low stands or not??

If they are not your cup of Thea  you can easely sell them again for 800,- euro. See it as a free ticket to give it a try. 

For me the whole journey started with the Hersey2, and after some more Heritage speakers it ended with the lascala, so be warned 😉

• Haha 2