Advice on starting the upgrade of my Heresy II's

DLStryker

Looking to upgrade my Heresy II's.  First point is that I am not at all focusing on trying to extend the lower bass output.  I have a 3 x 12", open baffle, servo controlled sub.

I'm looking at 3 options or whatever someone else might recommend.  Replacing the capacitors will be part of the upgrade.

1) Purchase and install the HII to HIII upgrade kit from Klipsch.

2) Install Bob Crites titanium tweeter and titanium midrange diaphragms in my existing horns

2) Install Bob Crites titanium midrange diaphragm in my existing mid horn and replace the existing tweeter and horn with LMAGL V2 DE10

Any thoughts, suggestions? 

Another question.  Has anyone installed the Eminence Deltalite 2512 woofer and said to themselves, this new driver provides a MUCH better upper base/lower midrange sound compared to the stock K-24 woofer?   Again, not worried about extending lower base.  Just increasing clarity of the upper base/lower midrange.

PIC1.jpeg

pIC2.jpeg

pIC3.jpeg

Edited by DLStryker
Add pics
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DLStryker said:

Looking to upgrade my Heresy II's.  First point is that I am not at all focusing on trying to extend the lower bass output.  I have a 3 x 12", open baffle, servo controlled sub.

I'm looking at 3 options or whatever someone else might recommend.  Replacing the capacitors will be part of the upgrade.

1) Purchase and install the HII to HIII upgrade kit from Klipsch.

2) Install Bob Crites titanium tweeter and titanium midrange diaphragms in my existing horns

2) Install Bob Crites titanium midrange diaphragm in my existing mid horn and replace the existing tweeter and horn with LMAGL V2 DE10

Any thoughts, suggestions? 

Another question.  Has anyone installed the Eminence Deltalite 2512 woofer and said to themselves, this new driver provides a MUCH better upper base/lower midrange sound compared to the stock K-24 woofer?   Again, not worried about extending lower base.  Just increasing clarity of the upper base/lower midrange.

PIC1.jpeg

pIC2.jpeg

pIC3.jpeg

Yep, my new to me Hersey II's are sitting on top of my KG4's they are replacing for now!!

On 10/19/2023 at 10:08 AM, DLStryker said:

OK.  Looks like I am going with the HIII upgrade!  I just emailed Klipsch the required pictures of the speakers.  $290 per side.

That is very reasonable especially considering how much a brand new pair of 111s or IVs cost. Essentially brand new speakers.

2 hours ago, YK Thom said:

That is very reasonable especially considering how much a brand new pair of 111s or IVs cost. Essentially brand new speakers.

Yep.  Agreed.  Very reasonable pricing.  I can't wait to get the drivers installed and enjoy the first listen!!  I know there will be some burn-in time, but sure do want to hear these brand new drivers and crossovers!!

• Like 1

My Dynamat deadening alternative just arrived today!  100mil Kilmat.  I will be treating the horns over the next couple of weeks.

I'm still unsure about the woofer baskets. Considering felt on the insides of the baskets and the Kilmat on the backside of the baskets. 

And yes....... I realize I have enough Kilmat there to treat every speaker in the city I live in!!!  Get away from the designer Dynamat and this is very affordable!

PIC1.jpeg

pIC2.jpeg