No tubes? A GREAT PAIR of early CARY Gear for Sale!

mobile homeless

I bought one of those RS digital display meters, it's cool. that LCD bar across the bottom updates five times per second.

It's kind of fun, I have a digital display Fluke DVOM with bar graph hooked up to the low level signal and that RS meter in front of the speakers, the little bars dance in tune with each other.

I need to find a scope.

Tom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is one thing to have an opinion, another to assume that others will necessarily come to the same conclusions. predicting someone elses unhappiness assumes that people can only be happy coming to your conclusions. his statement reveals, at least to me, a blind spot that goes deeper than just expressing an opinion. with all his obvious intelligence and logic, mdeneen was never really able to get beyond it either in those classic discussions awhile back that were ultimately rooted in the dichotomy between science and mystic linguistics. our man has it set up so he never has to apologize or admit he isn't omniscient. now he will wait until you all beg him to come back. I would rather he come back on his own without the fanfare, just as a normal flawed human like the rest of us.

c&s

Hmmm. He apologized to me and I didn't even ask. I still think he's a nice guy with a vast amount of fascinating knowledge, if a bit on the high strung side. I've quite a few high-maintenance friends, but I find the maintenance well worth it.

Anyway, nobody showed him the door in, nor the door out.

I note you have two turntables. Is one for 78's or what's the deal?

Dave

Oh yeah,

One other thing: Hey Mallett, could you do something with that equipment list? I dunno, remove the extra lines, format it so it is pretty, minimize the incredible amount of screen real estate it occupies? Either that or you need to write much longer posts! It is disturbing to see the overhead associated with one's post actually exceed the content. Just a thought. 11.gif

WHO THE H*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Oh. Well, OK.

Give me a hint as to how to change the fonts. I'm still interested in how to upload pix as well.

I am sure it isn't rocket science...I design simulators for a living. OTOH, I just don't seem to find out where the secrets are buried.

Dave

Hi Mallett,

HA HA HA. Hoped you would take it with the sense of humor I intended although the post could appear rather gruff. I do hope you see what I mean though by the space it takes. :)

To change it, you can use standard HTML code in the box where you enter the info. As an example, here is mine: (Damn, I can't get the code to actually post)

Ok. Screw it. Tell me what you want it to look like and I well email you the complete code or you can just type the html yourself. Basically start your code with "font face = "Arial" size="1"" or whatever you like. You can also specify color = "blue" or whatever in that tag as well. Just remember the tag starts with a "<" and ends with a ">", and at the end of your text you must close the tag with "/" before "font". You could also throw in some "B"s, "I"s, "BR"s, "P"s, etc.

C&S,

You are so over the top and off base by over reacting to MH's comments. It seems you've been hacking at the guy ever since he and Mark disagreed on some technical issues. Mark has always been quite capable of taking care of himself in those situations, and seems at least to me to have come to some peace with Mobile. Again, if you don't want anyone to comment on your projects, don't post them. There's no rule that everyone must say only what you consider "positive" things. Better yet, complete it, then write a paper desribing what you did, how you did it, and how well or poorly it turned out like ARCO did with his new amp. ARCO clearly benefitted from information posted by MH. With regard to whether he has left, or anyone asking him to come back, if he has left, or if he never comes back, he has deposited enough information in his legacy of posts to anwer many members questions for another few years to come if they are willing to look them up. Can you say the same? Most of all, stop the whining. It's unbecoming and boring. Why don't YOU give it a rest.

Klipsch out.

Does THAT satisfy you mister "Do it my way" Crash?

You're whining finally caused me to give it a bit of thought. Easiest way to edit these things is to do it in Frontpage or similar, then cut and paste.

Think I'll go wild. Tube du jour, Fletcher-Munson curves, history of horns...

The mind

BOGGLES

So you've created a monster...

BOGGLES

Heh, Heh, Heh

Dave

Back to the original point of this Thread:

Here is the tube information I received from the seller:

The amp comes with EL34s from National Eleectronics, unmarked 6550's which came with the amp from Cary, broken in not much more and KT77s only says made in the USA. The 34's envelope you with the reality of jazz/folk

ensemble and classical extremes, from chamber to opera. The 6550's are kickbutt and full of pace and rock and roll, great on heavier stuff, techno, metal and such. The 77's are very tightly controlled and as neutral as you

can get. The preamp has 6922s. I substituted russian ones in the line stage for the chinese ones.