Speaker clipping Klipsch RF-7mk1 + Denon 3310ci + Parasoubd hca-1206

Div

I paired the HCA-1206 135wpc with RF7+RC7+RS7 and they are all clipping after decent volume. I have pre-out from denon connected to each terminal.. i know this speakers are efficient and should do just fine but i cant figure out why they clipp.. what are things i can check to insure amp is working at optimum level .. or is the amp just too weak ? Any help will be appreciated .. all the amp switch in back are set to off for all 6 channels operation..hope i didnt make mistake buying this amp.. btw i tested RC 7 on avr only and the are fine .. all speakers are healthy 

It could be an impedance issue....this is from the HCA manual........

You may connect loudspeakers with a 4 Ω or 8 Ω nominal impedance for unbridged operation. Your HCA-1206 is capable of driving speakers with occasional impedance dips well below 2 Ω. However, Lower nominal impedance loads are not recommended and may cause overheating.

Have you tried connecting the speakers directly to the AVR?

@Ceptorman I tried and then they work just fine  so i am not sure what's the issue .  my AVR is 120 watts x 7 and HCA-1206 is 135 watts x 6.. i was hoping independent amp per channel would improve things.. i think i am doing something wrong but i can't seem to figure out. May be Pre-out is no good ? 

It could be something as simple as a bad speaker wire connection, or a bad cable going to the amp. After inspecting all the wires and cables, you might try switching cable and wires around. You might try the towers alone, then add the center, try the center and surround speakers.

Even though those speakers are rated at 8 ohm, they do like to have plenty of power, and all of those speakers at once might be overtaxing the amp. 

Curious, when using the amp, does it sound any different until it clips than just using the AVR? Does it seem to have more bass or more headroom?

And are you sure your AVR has 7 channels of pre-outs?

@Ceptorman i will try the audyssey ..speaker sound about same infact i felt avr soubd better then amp. I am new to this so any basic thing i may be missing.. i havent ground my amp to say water pipe in the house ..

@wuzzzer what donyou mean by trim level .. only thing i setup was. Size of speaker and set everything to 0db for gains in reciver 

27 minutes ago, Div said:

@Ceptorman i will try the audyssey ..speaker sound about same infact i felt avr soubd better then amp. I am new to this so any basic thing i may be missing.. i havent ground my amp to say water pipe in the house ..

@wuzzzer what donyou mean by trim level .. only thing i setup was. Size of speaker and set everything to 0db for gains in reciver 

Trim or gain, same thing.  Just wanted to make sure you weren’t in the positive for that.  Try turning down the gains to -5dB for each channel and then see if you get the same distortion at higher volumes.

It's either connected correctly or it's not. I meant you might try unplugging some cables or wires to identify if a wire was bad. Try just the center channel, then the towers, maybe switch the wires around to see if any other combination has a different result. 

If it plays fine with the AVR only, then you add the amp, but then it clips, it's either the amp or the wiring to or from the amp. I have a feeling the amp can't handle all of the speakers. Maybe use the amp to power the towers only, then try the LCR, something will become noticeable and clip the speakers. This is all trial and error.

53 minutes ago, Div said:

Thank you guys for now just switched them to AVR and will try bridging amp to mono for Left and right. Dont have Y cable handy when you need them lol.. gn 

I was going to suggest running the center and surrounds off the AVR and bi-amp the RF-7's with the Parasound those towers will eat up a lot of power 

2 hours ago, Div said:

Thank you guys for now just switched them to AVR and will try bridging amp to mono for Left and right. Dont have Y cable handy when you need them lol.. gn 

Don’t bridge the amp.  Most amps don’t like lower impedance loads while bridged, plus their THD goes up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Don’t bridge the amp.  Most amps don’t like lower impedance loads while bridged, plus their THD goes up.

^^THIS^^

I have a bridgeable Emotiva 500x2 amp, I wanted to get another amp and use them as mono blocks, the owner of Emotiva advised me against this as my speakers are 4ohm.