A painful hand slapping...

Erik Mandaville

Wow, did I miss something? I'm getting the impression according to what Eric has said in his post, that there seems to be only one agenda on this forum, one way or the highway, I hope this isn't true. Far as I know this furom is open to all opinions and ideas regardless of motive. If I have to sit back and be subjective of the postings I've been reading the (marketing) talk of some said products has been bias & a little over the top. Which in my opinion, that is fine as long as there is no diception & its all in good intentions. That being said one and all have a right to input there two cents. I truley don't see any motives in Eric's posts other than presenting other interesting options to this hobby of ours. He comes across as a sharp cookie & dosen't appear to be talking out of his a$$. I truley enjoy his perspective of this hobby and hope he keeps posting. Eric, In my eyes no apology necessary. 1.gif

Thankx

Tom

Lists are rough places.

You apologized, but then you whined. Make up your mind.

I generally ignore flames from individuals. However, if there are two or more aimming at the same target, I tend to examine closely to determine whether there just might be a bit of truth in there.

When I want everyone to say "Amen" to what I spout, I go to church. I come here to learn and grow.

I learned early on only to take virtual offense from virtual people. Save the real thing for your boss.

So...

Bye, and may the road rise up to me you.

Best regards,

Dave

Kelly, Erik, and myself,

My mother always told me to try and keep in mind that how you are perceived by others is far more important than what your intentions are. Unfortunately, I don't follow her advice enough.

You 2 guys are huge assets to this board. Please put the egos in a drawer and chalk it up to a family squabble amongst people who are passionate about their interests. We need both of you here.

"Can't we all just get along?",

Chris

Erik, imagine my surprise when I read your post. I knew immediately which wise cracking little whippersnappers you were referring to. Those guys are a pain in the rear and I only spar with them for the fun of it. I also wrestle with my neices and nephews and they are not even teenagers yet. So imagine my surprise when homeless kelly says you are talking about him. (Kelly!)

Aw, well, chalk it up to hormonal imbalances. I intend to ignore this dirty laundry and I suggest you do too. We are all entitled to our opinions. Some, like Kellys and yours, are more valuable than others. Please stay. I enjoy your comments. And if the crowd gets too unruly in this public room, please take your personal spats outside and settle them like a man walk away. Leave the spat behind, ignore the emails and continue to play where the rest of us are civil in public, in a public forum.

15.gif

I think this thread is more than I NEED TO KNOW as we used to say in the government business...probably not beneficial for airing in the open forum.

I appreciated all the suggestions on pre-amps and the alternative opinions. It's always good to have different opinions/perspectives. One must realize that open forums have all kinds of POTENTIAL biases, agendas, and perspectives which sometimes can make them more complicated as influencers... but I didn't really see a problem here until noted in this thread.

The more diversity in the thought leaders the better...which is why sometimes it's good to float ideas in other forums (including face-to-face).

Hey Everyone,

Let's get along...& if comes to a "head", put on your "turtle shell" on & let it go.

As far as the Bottlehead & DIY stuff goes, that's great! Who knows, maybe that lil' Foreplay sounds better than J-F's 6sn7 preamp! It's possible.

I'd be knee deep in the DIY crowd probably building a modded Foreplay & a killer 2A3 ParaGlow set-up but fortunately I've had the pleasure of Art Loesch's company & John Wiesner's close friendship. It would take me 100 years to master the anal-retentive craftsmanship (& experience) of building top quality audio gear. I'll leave my solder-slinging to interconnects & speaker cable. In the future, my wood-working skills may lead me to a pair of Tannoy horn enclosures, though.

To each, his own! Let's get along & move on!

Yee-Ha & Audios,

Pete10.gif