new to home theater and have a question.

fred jones

hi there.

after being into audio for 20 years, i have decided to get out of that side and am going to do a small ht / gaming setup for the wife and i to enjoy.

have a question or two.     i have most of the speakers already bought and waiting for them to arrive :

klipsch rs-62 ii

klipsch  rs-35 surround

klipsch   rc-52 ii

i have a pair of older ohm ( upgraded ) that i " could " use for the mains but the closer the wall you put them to the wall, the more bass you get from them and of course

if you pull them out , the bass is less....but the room is only 12 x 12 x 8, so not a very big room and if i pull them out to far, they will be very close to the side surrounds that will be on stands.

so my question  is this :  would it be ok to use a pair of klipsch bookshelf say a pair of 600m ii for the mains instead of the Ohms  and then i could put the klipsch closer to the back wall?

i have two svs subs that i will also be using.

thanks in advance

• Like 1

i am not sure if the receiver offers that function or not......but i did see a you tube video of the receiver and the setup so i could go watch the whole thing and see if 

if that is an option.    

well, since they offer a package, then maybe i should just do it then ( dont have to twist my arm : ) 

i could just sell the Ohms.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fred jones said:

i have a pair of older ohm ( upgraded ) that i " could " use for the mains but the closer the wall you put them to the wall, the more bass you get from them and of  

by ohms do you mean klipscHorns 

1 minute ago, OO1 said:

I've seen em ,  over the years , yes , but that's about it 

I'm confused then......as then you should have had an idea as to what i was referring to when i said Ohm speaker then .....but you said this :

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

which how do you  get Ohm and Klipschhorn ?

I 've seen the speakers in pictures but that's about it , as to what the brand name is  ??? ,  never interested me enough to find out , sorry if I dont sound thrilled about these speakers , they dont interest me at all  

when we talk of corner speakers on the klipsch Forum .  we refer to the majestic and fabulous PWK Khorn   

Review: Klipsch Klipschorn More Than 70 Years Of Wonderful, 59% OFF

3 hours ago, fred jones said:

i have a pair of older ohm ( upgraded ) that i " could " use for the mains but the closer the wall you put them to the wall, the more bass you get from them...

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

2 hours ago, fred jones said:

@ 001

No.

Ohm Acoustic speakers.      most people just call them Ohm .

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

they sure look different 

1 hour ago, fred jones said:

they have been around for years.         

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

I've seen em ,  over the years , yes , but that's about it 

58 minutes ago, fred jones said:

I'm confused then......as then you should have had an idea as to what i was referring to when i said Ohm speaker then ...

51 minutes ago, OO1 said:

when we talk of corner speakers on the klipsch Forum .  we refer to a Khorn  

6 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

which i get i even though i might be new here, i have had a few pair of klipschs over the years.....but Khorns and Ohms...not even close.

@ Khornukopia

maybe we will get lucky, we shall see.

i ran across a member at another site that has a pair of klipsch 600m ii for sale and that is why i started this thread to see if they would work for fronts and told the seller i was interested in purchasing them and then nothing.

• Like 1

I use a blended system, Ohm Acoustics 2000s for front mains, Klipsch for everything else. I have found that that the Ohms work extremely well with the Klipsch centres. I have never encountered any issue, timber match or otherwise. I switched out a pair of  Klipsch RB61 II as my front mains for the Ohms back in 2016. I find the centre and the Ohms neutral enough they blend extremely well together.

If you are dipping into HT you must have an AVR. I roll my Ohms off at 60, the centre and rears at 80 and it works like a charm. I would suggest you try this.

Which model Ohm do you have? If it is a 3 (upgraded to 3000) it may be a bit too large for your room.

• Like 1

@ YK Thom

thanks for the reply.....

i have the Walsh 2 that have been upgraded.     i only listened to them a few times when i had the 2 channel setup and then i decided to get out of the 2 channel side of things and they have just been sitting there, and then i got the idea of doing this ht / gaming setup and here we are.            the room we have is only 11 x 12 x 8 or lets just say 12 x 12 x 8 and if i put the Ohms closer to the wall, then the low end increases and that would be fine if i was doing 2 channel , but we arent. 

so yes i can move them out into to the room, but i cant move them to much out into the room as then they are going to be to close to the side surrounds.    if the room was bigger, then of course this wouldnt be an issue , but there is only so much i can do with a room this size.    i can try your suggestion of the settings....and i do have a avr, and last night i was able to get lucky and a member on another site was selling a pair of Klipsch 600m ii, so i was able to grab them this morning.      

• Like 1