Forte IV's on the Way

jjptkd

Well a deal came up I couldn't pass up on a brand new pair they shipped out today. I've wanted a pair since they were introduced but waited patiently for the right deal. Should be interesting to compare them to the new 362's and others I have sitting around.  

s-l960f4.jpg

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Congrats

Are you making or taking any bets?

Thanks man! I'm not sure what to think should be interesting have you heard the new forte's? I imagine bass might be the biggest difference with lower tuning and the rear passive. 

EDIT: I should add that I'm very happy with the 362's I just couldn't pass this deal up, another one of those where I should have no problem moving them along if they don't work out and not lose my *** in the process. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

have you heard the new forte's?

Only at the factory when I was there for a Pilgrimage. The new Cornwall was there along with the new Khorn. 

31 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I imagine bass might be the biggest difference with lower tuning and the rear passive. 

I was thinking the same thing. One will have more, and the other will dig deeper is my thought. 

I'm happy for you. 😎

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:31 PM, jjptkd said:

Well a deal came up I couldn't pass up on a brand new pair they shipped out today. I've wanted a pair since they were introduced but waited patiently for the right deal. Should be interesting to compare them to the new 362's and others I have sitting around.  

s-l960f4.jpg

You're going to love them!  I own a pair in distressed oak with lambswool grills as well.  If you are not happy with, PM me and I will pay for shipping to my address.  😂 

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I don’t.  Audio King is where I dipped my toes into the Klipsch water.

The stores were populated in the midwest, but there was one in Louisville and Lexington too. I was a kid when they had a store here (in the 70s), and left before I was an audio addict, so don't remember the place very well. I have read somewhere that Project One was their store brand, which was, supposedly, rebranded Pioneer equipment. Anyhow, they also sold EV, Klipsch, Pioneer, and such. I sure do wish that they were still here, we have nothing here either. A google search for Project One and Playback shows a small FB page and a lot of info on the site that we can't mention. 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:31 PM, jjptkd said:

Well a deal came up I couldn't pass up

Not sorry for hijacking your thread: I'm jealous. 😋 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Not sorry for hijacking your thread: I'm jealous. 😋 

It's ok man I'm excited to check them out, really curious how much of a difference there will be from the 362's. Looking at the parts of the 362's they seem close to the Cornwall III or maybe the forte III? A lot of people claim there is a huge difference between the forte III and IV with the new crossover, mid drivers and tweeter phase plug. Just the lower crossover points alone should be noticeable the mids on the 362's don't pick up until 1200hz where as the forte is 650hz. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa to arrive, which should be Tuesday.

• Like 1