got my RF-5's hooked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prodj101

well, I had to drive to pick them up if I wanted them this weekend, so thats what I did. damn shipping agency. but anyway, they make mince meat out of the SF-2's, which was expected. I haven't got a chance to open them up though. only around 85 decibles tops, cause I had them hooked up around 10 at night. I'll post a follow up sooner or later.9.gif

Ah, the anticipation of waiting for the final burn-in of your RF-5s; to open them up to 115 dB while playing "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz, and to hear the final realization the Klipsch designers had in developing these horns. When I finally aquired my dad's vintage Cornwalls, I had 'em on day and night for a week straight, and their sound just keeps amazing me to no end! Enjoy!

Rock on Dude,

Once again Congrats on the speakers.

I will try not to be too green with envy of someone at your age having those speakers.3.gif

Btw, we have the same center channel, although I hardly ever use mine.

Due to the guys up there in two channel land I have been rethinking my setup.

This is saturday right?? Later today you should be able to really crank those bad boys up.

Just let us know what you think. As it stands I have never heard any of the reference series15.gif

Just some LaScalas and Heresies and that KS-SC11.gif

Peace, Josh

yeah, they're great. alot bigger when they're out of the box and in the room though! they sound so much better than the SF-2's did. bass is cleaner, highs more refined. I hadn't listened to these a ton before I got them, and I got alot of my info from reading reviews, so I was expecting them to be alot more "harsh" than the SF-2's, though I find that they are alot more smooth sounding. and this is before break in. While they are much more detailed, the sound isn't as edgy as the SF-2's. also, even at the same decibel reading, they seem to fill the room much better, thus seeming louder. the sound has alot more weight behind it.

Well, ya finally got me beat with your RF-5s. Congrats. They are some nice speaks. I love my 3s. I cant believe you got em in black though, cherry is so much prettier. Betcha cant wait to turn em up9.gif. I took my RF-3s up to 6 watts today! It was really loud.

Oh yeah, and do you now believe that speakers break in? I mean I noticed a huge difference after two weeks, especially in the speed of the bass. Ill talk to you on aim sometime. Maybe sunday. Kindof busy now.

HOpe you enjoy em!

I had SF-2's in house for almost a year and find them to be real great for the money !! I sold them for more than I originally paid for them and upgraded to RF-3 II's which were a big step up in clarity and slam !! I'm sure the RF-5's are even a step beyond that. Enjoy !!

Craig