Your first experience

Dug these up, just for the history. Wendy Carlos studio with the Cornwalls hanging from the ceiling. She lived in a Brownstone, and had her studio there.

corns.jpg

bsst3.jpg

• Like 4

Read about the LS in about 1964 and used what I learned to write a book report for a 9th grade English report.  It all made sense.  I have no clue what I first listened to.  Probably some Brenda Lee, Lesley Gore or Motown.  First true "system" I heard was a Fisher amp I think and a JBL Paragon a buddy's dad bought.  He had a TV/record store and sold JBL speakers.  I'm thinking that was part of the deal he cooked up w/JBL was the Paragon.  I was amazed sittin on the couch hearing things I never heard before.  Klipsch rigs were just totally outta my price range so I started w/a Marantz receiver, Dual 1229 and a pair  of ESS AMT-1's.  Added tons of Marantz gear cause I got it from a distrubuter at cost.  Hooked a local TV store up w/Marantz gear so the guys gave me a break on my stuff.  After that it was a complete Infinity RS 2.5 speakers system w/a stack rack full of SAE gear.  THEN I made the move to Klipsch w/my LS, PrimaLuna and my trusty Linn turntable. Then stole a JBL SP128S sub at auction.  Factor in about 110-20 feet of vinyl and I'm in my happy place.  I'll also add that without the help of some of the guys in here it never would have happened.  Wonder if I hit the lottery tonight so I can get new Jubes?  :)