Belle Klipsch value

Pland

Hi Guys,

In my search for some Khorns,I've come across a super nice pair of Belle Klipsch.They are finished in Walnut,condition is a 9 out of 10.They are local,so no shipping.Crossover appears to be A/B,if this helps with dating them.

My goal is to eventually wind up with Khorns,so my question pertains to value.The price of these is 1300.00(which seems fair) but I'd like to sell them at a future date without losing much $if and when I locate some Khorns.Does anyone have a feel for this price relative to past sales?

Also,are these badly bass deficient?I have a sub,but coupled with the size of these I'm running out of room quickly.

Thanks,

Pat

I'd say $1300 is fair. IMHO, Heritage prices have been back on the rise lately. I'm seeing LaScala's in the $1200 range more often and Belles seem to get an additional 10-20%. Bottom line is I don't think you'll lose on these when you decide to sell.

I've heard Belles, but not side by side with LaScalas. Those "in the know" say they sound nearly identical. If that's the case, I think you'll be pleased with the bass. My LaScalas don't go nearly as low as my Cornwalls, but the bass they produce to about 50hz is ridiculously impressive. You'll shake windows.

Jeff

In my search for some Khorns,I've come across a super nice pair of Belle Klipsch.They are finished in Walnut,condition is a 9 out of 10.They are local,so no shipping.

The price of these is 1300.00(which seems fair) but I'd like to sell them at a future date without losing much $if and when I locate some Khorns.Does anyone have a feel for this price relative to past sales?

Also,are these badly bass deficient?I have a sub,but coupled with the size of these I'm running out of room quickly.

Thanks,

Pat

----------------

The key is SHIPPING.

I would buy a nice pair of walnut Belles at $1300 if I could pick them up in my area.

If I had to pay $400 to ship them then I wouldn't although I've seen Belles go over $2k recently.

The nice thing about heritage is you can buy and sell for +/- what you paid when you pick them up locally. It's harder when you have to cover the shipping expense.

i'll tell you what pat . i'll buy those belles off you when the time comes. You keep hunting for k-horns and when your dream comes true just let me know and i'll buck up to the trough for the belles.

I can always find used lascalas around where i live and even the odd pair of k-horns come up ( about 6 pair per year / average ) but never ever have i seen a pair of belles in any paper in the last 10 years ( in my province).

Right now i'm looking in the edmonton area for some k-horns for lynnm and he's looking in the calgary area. I've found a few pairs of lascalas for sale and some RF-7 but thats it for now.

Dale

• 11 months later...

Walnut Belles for $1300 is a great price. Most of the time a pair of Belles in nice condition will bring $1800 to $2000 on ebay.

There is quite a difference in the midrange between a Belle and a La Scala. It's quite noticeable.

It's not fair to say that "La Scala's don't go nearly as low as Cornwalls". It would be more accurate to say they don't go quite as low. The bigger difference in the bass of a La Scala compared to a Cornwall is not in the frequency response, but rather that the efficiency, power, and drive of the bass from the La Scala is much more pronounced than the Cornwall. The Cornwall has more of a soft and solid low-end, great for a smaller room and near-stage listening. The La Scala will drive 100 hz to the back of a gymnasium.

Greg

I would say it's similar to the difference between The Cornwall and the Khorn, as far as the midrange goes. The best word to describe it is "bigger". I would say a more open and wider midrange soundstage.

Does that help?

I don't think it's worth changing from Belles to La Scalas just for that though, especially since Belles are so beautiful. It's not that big a difference, just noticeable.

Greg

Pland,

great to see you posting !! We need to chat some time shoot me a email with your number I'm sure I lost it. $1300 is a awesome deal if there in great shape I bet Paulparrot is freaking since I know he searched hi and low without a deal like this.

Craig