Klipsch vs. DIY? I'll take the damn DIY

prodj101

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/18/2003 8:08:16 PM minn_male42 wrote:

"but I can assure you if they were to start selling B&K and Mcintosh at Best Buy, I wouldn't count on the best buy near me to be in business much longer"

i'm not exactly sure that i follow your rationale.....if b&k and mcintosh happened to be on the shelves at best buy, how would that make best buy go out of business??

russ
----------------

ummm, wis male, learn to read. never once did I say that best buy offering klipsch would make them go out of business. what I said is that it is selfish for klipsch to sink to the level of best buy only in order to gain a few extra bucks.

"but I can assure you if they were to start selling B&K and Mcintosh at Best Buy, I wouldn't count on the best buy near me to be in business much longer"

i did read what you wrote....it is quoted above...

I WOULDN'T COUNT ON THE BEST BUY NEAR ME TO BE IN BUSINESS MUCH LONGER

i really don't see any other meaning in that sentence....

maybe you can clarify any other possible interpretations for me

respectfully,

russ

Russ,

Interpretation: I am a 14 year old kid prone to grandiose, emotional statements which bear little relation to reality.

I am sure he understands market dynamics and knows Best Buy is not remotely concerned with his opinion or willingness to buy speakers or anything else there; neither is Klipsch.

----------------

On 2/18/2003 5:55:38 PM prodj101 wrote:

being pissed off at a kid at school, and girl issues (damn I hate my friend right now!
3.gif
). ----------------

Dude, we already had this talk... I told you what to do. When are you going to listen to me. You need to get yourself away from that nonsence dude!

i am trying to have an intelligent conversation with you prodj and you won't answer my question.

"I WOULDN'T COUNT ON THE BEST BUY NEAR ME TO BE IN BUSINESS MUCH LONGER"

i am approaching this discussion as an adult talking to an adult. When I post anything, i take responsibility for my comments and will explain them to other posters.

please explain your position so that the other members and myself can understand what you mean.

respectfully,

russ

----------------

On 2/19/2003 7:50:35 AM minn_male42 wrote:

i am trying to have an intelligent conversation with you prodj and you won't answer my question.

respectfully,

russ

----------------

no, u know it was a mistake whether there was a meaning behind his statement or not. don't BS. don't u have better things to do than TRYING3.gif to drive an 14 year old to a corner?

goosechaser,

the entire point here is credibility. our young friend prodj throws statements out right and left without backing them up.

i am simply asking for accountability. if i make a mistake (if it was a mistake) i admit it. it is the adult (responsible) thing to do.

i have approached this situation respectfully, without any personal attacks. despite this, my young friend refuses even to use my name and calls me "wi male".

maybe i am saying "put up or shut up"

russ

come on guys back off. we have all been through the stage of thinking we understand it all, of knowing more than we really know, many of us continue to feel that way. opinions are like that, everyone has one and his is always the right one. wouldn't it be better to "let slide" these kind of statements or lightly bump our young friend in the right direction? let's be patient and constructive. tony

----------------

On 2/19/2003 9:58:34 AM sunnysal wrote:

come on guys back off. we have all been through the stage of thinking we understand it all, of knowing more than we really know, many of us continue to feel that way. opinions are like that, everyone has one and his is always the right one. wouldn't it be better to "let slide" these kind of statements or lightly bump our young friend in the right direction? let's be patient and constructive. tony

----------------

sunnysal, good points, but this turd still needs to be beech-slapped (in the right direction).

bong 2.gif