British Whodunits

boom3

We are very fond of our British Whodunits, in no particular order, Miss Marple (Joan Hixson), Midsommer, Endeavor, 

Poirot (David Suchet series) , Father Brown (the second series), Murder in Paradise...we also like Murder She Wrote which we consider an honorary British Whodunit because it fits the pattern so well. 

One thing we've noticed in all these is an eagerness for the perps to confess...unlike American shows of similar genre that are very lawyer-centric. Another is that there is rarely any mention of people other than the perp being charged as accessories, when that's a factor in almost all US "crime dramas". We used to watch Law & Order when Jerry Orhbach starred. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if the Americans added stuff to the British stuff you would have massive foul language, car chases, guns firing 100 rounds with out reloading, wild sexual encounters, women doing what they can't do, men doing what they can't do, and massive killing. Kind of like "Pulp Fiction".

JJK

• Haha 1

And what about the "original" Endeavor, Inspector Morse? And then his sergeant Inspector Lewis? And Inspector Lynley?

I wish they would rerun Endeavor, I missed the first like 5 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Well if the Americans added stuff to the British stuff

Of course they'd have to (in my best Cartman voice) "put a women in it and make her gay." 

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Of course they'd have to (in my best Cartman voice) "put a women in it and make her gay." 

Happy woman, happy man... good idea.

Like my british mysteries since PBS introduced me to the bbc.

What, 50 years ago...