Klipsch Corner Horns for $3000?

whell

For sale in the town right next to mine (about a 10 minute drive max from where I live). Reputed to be in excellent condition. Still, is the price about right, or too steep, given what you all have seen these going for?

Anyway, I might go check them out since I'm curious. If anyone else is interested in some feedback on these, let me know. Buyer prefers local pick up, but might ship to a cooperative buyer.

The seller's write states the following:

"The Klipschorns are immaculate, I have several systems and no longer need these outstanding speakers. Due to their size the best scenerio is a local buyer, I am in Michigan. I will however work with anyone with interest. I am pricing these to move, they should however be rated a 10 because they are perfect! They are Oak (not light oak) with dark grill (black). These speakers currently sell 4 7200.00 with less expensive drivers than the vintage I am selling."

whell,

Ask him for the serial numbers off the back of each speaker and calculate what year they are. I suppose $3,000 is decent but I believe you could find a much better price if you hold out a bit longer. I purchased mine a little over a year ago from a local seller in downtown Houston. I got lucky and saw his classifed ad in the local paper the first day it printed. When I went to look at them he told me I was the first to call so I had first chance at them. While I was there demoing the speakers he had two other calls from interested parties. I quickly ran to the bank to get him some cash for a deposit. He was selling them for $1700.

Now that I have been enjoying them for the past year I can say I would have paid more; however, $2500 would be my limit. For $2500 they would have to be as nice as the Rosewood's that went on eBay last month minus Paul's signature of course.

Livonia, eh? I was there just this past Saturday. I'm in Sterling Heights. Just got up here last month.

$3k is a pretty steep price, unless they are something special as previously mentioned. I have purchased two pairs and paid less than that for both pairs. Of course I got some pretty good deals. I got them in Dallas, and Klipsch speakers don't seem to be too hard to come by there. Maybe it's because Dallas isn't far from Hope. Up here in Michigan, I don't know how rare Heritage speakers are. So that could be one thing to consider. The fact that there would be no shipping costs and that you can see them before laying out the money definitely has some value. Depending on the availability of Khorns here, and the condition of the speakers, it might very well end up being a decent deal.

• 3 years later...

hello, sorry to bother you but i have some corner horns for sale but cant find anywhere to post this could you give me any help. thanks

i am selling apair of klipsch horns oiled oak with a klipsch forte center channel askin 2000.00 speakers are in excellent condition they are 12 to 13 years old

hello, sorry to bother you but i have some corner horns for sale but cant find anywhere to post this could you give me any help. thanks

i am selling apair of klipsch horns oiled oak with a klipsch forte center channel askin 2000.00 speakers are in excellent condition they are 12 to 13 years old

Where are you located? pics?