KLIPSCH (?) FORUM - ?

matthewschultz

Let me try again.

The people here are members of the Klipsch board and mostly Klipsch owners.

The reason there are 15+ posts on the first page of the Powered Subwoofers section is because Klipsch owners WANT to talk about SVS. No one is posting just to flood the board with SVS posts.

Sorry, even if SVS had their own forum people here would still post about their Klipsch/SVS combo. This SVS talk is not isolated. As I stated before, SVS gets a lot of talk at many forums and it has been this way for over 2 years.

If you want to have more people talk about their Klipsch/Klipsch sub combo then either one of two things needs to happen:

1. the Klipsch sub owners will have to post more often and have people respond to those posts.

2. Klipsch LLP will have to improve their subs to the point that they perform better than SVS, especially in the price/performance ratio. Doing that would bring more people back to Klipsch for their subs.

#1 could happen if more people bought and used Klipsch subs. However, more and more people find SVS to be a better product.

Don't count on #2 happening any time soon.

BTW, I'm a long time and very dedicated Klipsch owner. If there was any way a Klipsch sub could have topped an SVS sub in performance, let alone price, I would have bought one just due to brand loyalty.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to censor my opinion. If someone asks for sub recommendations, I'm going to tell them what I know. Not limit my responses to what good or bad things I have to say about the Klipsch subs I've heard. The day Klipsch (or anyone else) starts controlling the content of this forum based on product preference is the day the forum becomes a useless database of ads for Klipsch.

I love my Klipsch speakers.

I love my SVS sub.

Get over it.

The reason I like his forum is because we all have different opinions and different equipment.

I tried a Klipsch sub and wasn't happy with it. I sought alternatives. The SVS suits me and adds to my HT experience.

Perhaps some would like to try and SVS but have no means to audition them. Perhaps the comments about SVS will drive Klipsch to stop focusing their attention on Best Buy and focus more on the higher end stuff.

Perhaps I should shut up and go someplace else to rant and rave about SVS (wait I do that already)

Perhaps I should just leave work early and enjoy my RF7s, RC7,(4) RS7s and my 2 SVS PC+2039

Good Day,

ME and the twins

OK, I have been quiet the last while but enough BS!

To EasyListener, Klipsch has been around and survived long before you knew of it's existance, Klipsch will always be there 1.gif SVS??????

To Mmiles, you forget, this is a Klipsch website, why should there be a Klipsch sub..."and" another category......whose site is it anyway.....anyone can post...just not 15 posts in a row....SVS...

Any problem with SVS then TAKE IT THERE!!!!!!!

This forum has been taken over by SVS and it's time to change...make YOUR own TOMV....are you to "poor" to have "YOUR" own forum.....

GET SVS OFF KLIPSCH.....

Whoopee...you own Reference with svs...good for you.....Associated product....f***...hellooooo..

To BruinsMe...getting enough points nes pa???!!

CHA CHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG............

To add, if your that much of a "Die Hard" for SVS,

then WHY don't you talk to TomV and the GROUP about "THEIR" own forum....this again is a Klipsch website....andddddddddddddddd........

SERIOUS...WHY SHOULD KLIPSCH SUPPORT IT, obvious SVS doesn't.

QUESTION.....WHO SHOULD SUPPORT SVS QUESTIONS....

KLIPSCH CAUSE YOU ALL STATE THEY SHOULD(I own product) OR SVS...myyyyy, thats so hard....

LAST BUT LEAST, WHO OWNS THIS WEBSITE, SO CONFUSED 3.gif

If I have a Marantz problem guess where I go.....

TAHITI....you lose....3.gif

It isn't the "KLIPSCH" website.

To EasyListener, Klipsch has been around and survived long before you knew of it's existance, Klipsch will always be there SVS??????

I never ever said anything like this. I have been a klipsch fan my whole life. If you think that Klipsch subs are the best in the world than you are ignorant. I don't care what type of sub you have, there is always something better and if not there will be. I think you need to check you self. Like I said before if you want all of use to stop talking about other produces then we will. This forum will go stight to hell and Klipsch will be missing a big opportunity to improve on there products. Have you ever heard a SVS sub? If not for some of our inputs I don't think half these people would have bought some of there stuff. Like there receivers cd players,Dvd players etc. If you read some of the other comments I have writen then you would know that I do not just say they are the best and that is it. This whole thing has me so made I THINK I AM DONE, GOOD LUCK TO ALL SEE YOU AROUND

AND the MAIN REASON that Klipsch wants us here (and supports SVS discussions) is because we are on the KLIPSCH website...

where klipsch lists its products....mmmmmm....maybe even sell a few klipsch accessories....

this is a business venture after all.....

so...if discussion of svs subs or ANYTHING brings people to this website...Klipsch wins...

so...relax...i really enjoy the intelligent comments of many of the members here....WHATEVER they are discussing...(except vacuum cleaners)

russ

ehhhhh,

I think boomer is a good guy and jsut trying to get a rise out of us all.2.gif

He is a good antagonist and I like that quality in a person.

Let's take a look at his equipment list. He wastes more server space with his list of crap that he uses every time he makes a post telling us how much he wants an SVS sub. I am surprised we don't get to see the type of furniture he sits on. Well at least we know what kind of interconnects he uses, makes me kinda jealous.

Well, I am going to listen to my inferior system and to my Subperforming-Velodyne-Sub.

And the go to sleep what I hope to dream of having a system like boomer one day.

Cheers

Scott

Trying very hard to maintain my composure...

Boomer,

Are you even reading the posts or are you just ignoring the content because it doesn't fit your agenda?

SVS OWNERS AREN'T POSTING TO THE KLIPSCH FORUM, KLIPSCH OWNERS WHO ALSO OWN SVS ARE POSTING TO THE KLIPSCH FORUM!

This forum has NOT been taken over by SVS! It has been taken over by KLIPSCH OWNERS (imagine that) that are posting about SVS. If you don't like the posts then don't read them.

>>QUESTION.....WHO SHOULD SUPPORT SVS QUESTIONS....

KLIPSCH CAUSE YOU ALL STATE THEY SHOULD(I own product) OR SVS...myyyyy, thats so hard....

LAST BUT LEAST, WHO OWNS THIS WEBSITE, SO CONFUSED<<

Klipsch is not supporting SVS owners that do not own Klipsch, Klipsch is supporting KLIPSCH OWNERS that own SVS.

Would you have them censor the forum?

>>To EasyListener, Klipsch has been around and survived long before you knew of it's existance, Klipsch will always be there 1.gif SVS??????<<

This logic makes no sense whatsoever. Just because SVS is new and Klipsch is not doesn't mean that SVS won't last. Is a new retail site like Amazon.com not going to last because it hasn't been around as long as Sears has been around? Please.

Why is all of this so hard to understand?

When we post regarding non-Klipsch products that members use, Klipsch gets a lot of useful marketing information as well as member goodwill. Klipsch has responded by revamping its reference subwoofers. Who knows, may be Klipsch will buy SVS or start selling SVS under the Klipsch name.

Members have received useful information about subs. It has been win/win in my view, but Klipsch could win more with better subs.

This has been a tempest in a teapot.

Bill

These forums are a great source of e-marketing for on-line-only companies...start buzz, feed with your own posters ,watch "monkey-see-monkey-do JOE6pk" convince himself he got a $3,000 product for $600 and a brand is born...great marketing....bose doesn't put that little radio on the shelves next to others easier, they can save you sooo much money buy selling direct to you!

I can't believe this is still going. I don't come here because this is Klipsch forum, I come here because this forum seems to harbor a very knowledgable group of individuals, who don't mind giving advice. I come here because it's nice to see all of the different combinations of equipment that people have, and it's nice to gather such a weatlh of audio information. Lately I have seen more and more posts becoming flaming contests, and this bothers me.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to discuss whatever we want, it's a FORUM, not a marketing site. And last time I checked, the name of this particular forum wasn't KLIPSCH POWERED SUBWOOFERS, it's Powered Subwoofers.

I usually stay out of things like this, but this one really bothers me. The stupidity rolling forth is almost unprecedented, and it's starting to get under my skin in fundamental sort of way.