Duck the bullets !!!

Dale W

Last night 5.1 audio in edmonton alberta ( local klipsch dealer) had a suv driven thru the front window . The thieves jumped out of the vehicle to start loading up there favorite klipsch speakers " but " the owner was sleeping in the back of the shop !!!!!

Little chinese man came out from the back and loaded the suv full of bullets. Man thats worse than a pit bull .

I am utterly opposed to gunslinging but I have to admit that I would have loved to have seen the faces on those scumbags when Le Merde hit Les Blades Whirling.

Hopefully the A$$hole who got perforated wasn't too seriously injured because the shop owner will very likely be charged with assault with a weapon.Here in Canada the courts take a VERY dim view of people potting away at each other unless the shooter can establish that they had very compelling reason to believe that they were in imminent danger of death or serious injury.

That said I would still have loved to see their faces when WWIII broke out 30 feet away from them

9.gif

News update : The doc's sucked the bullet out of that guy's back last night, cops say it's a match .

Shop owned is going to be charged today , but the gun has yet to be found .

Man i'm glad that dude did'nt go postal on me, last time i was in his shop i was grinding him pretty hard on a pair of RF-7's .

----------------

On 3/11/2003 10:41:29 AM dougdrake wrote:

...and, of course, the crooks will get off on a technicality.

dd

----------------

Doug, I hope your wrong on that... Good for the owner. I am glad he was there to protect his store.

The dove politicians in Canada enacted a gun registration law a couple years ago. Initially, it applied to only handguns, but by 1/03, all guns had to be registered. Hopefully the store owner had his gun registered or he may get as much jail time (or more, if Canada models England) as the crooks.

I understand; the law is the law. But dammit, the poor little Chinese store owner was just protecting himself and his property. If anything, maybe slap a fine on him and take his gun away, but don't throw him in the slammer too!

Imagine what would really happen to the store owner if he had a pit bull to attack those damn thieves, he'd be sentenced to death!7.gif

With the crazy system we have in canada , believe it or not the store owner is likly in more trouble that the thieves.

A) A hand gun needs to be locked with a trigger locking devise plus in a lock vault or case plus the ammo cannot be stored with the fire arm.

B) i doubt if he had a permit that it would allow him to have the gun stored in a retail enviroment.

c) No death penelty in canada.

d) discharging a weapon (handgun )in anyplace other than a firing range is a big no no .

Will be very intresting to see what they charge to poor bastard with.

Dale,

Impressions are funny. I (live in the U.S.), never hear of any crime from upnorth- so I assumed (I Know), that you wouldn't have this bad problem.

I truly hope the store owner is given a slap on the wrist- but he sure " K-HORNED THEM"....

Bummer. It sounds like the shop owner might be in Big Trouble in Little China for using a firearm. Maybe he should have come out kicking and chopping instead. Ahhhhhhhhh Yes! Die burglar dog! I now use Klipsch-Fu on you!

If someone drove through my front window, I might feel like my life was threatened. But I have a permit for where I live. If you ever find a book called "The Best Defense", give it a read. It is stories based on actual events, culled from newspaper articles and interviews. From store owners in the Carolinas with 357s to a little old lady in Florida with a .25 calibre. Or take Kennesaw Georgia for instance (not too far north Atlanta):

Kennesaw rocked the world when on May 1, 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring all heads of households to maintain a firearm and ammunition. The law was passed partly in response to a law passed in Morton Grove, Illinois (June, 1981) banning private possession of handguns. Since passage of the law, the burglary rate in Kennesaw has gone down significantly, while the rate in Morton Grove has gone up.

"Before the law was passed we had 11 burglaries per 1000 in population. As of 1992 we had 2.7 burglaries per 1000 population. Over the years, it may fluctuate 1% higher, or 1 or 2% lower, but its something that's stayed in line from '83 all the way up to today." (Kennesaw Police Chief Dwaine Wilson, 1994)

As of 2000, the burglary rate in Kennesaw was even lower making it one of the safest cities of its size in the United States. It is all the more astonishing given that Kennesaw has quadrupled in size since passage of the gun law.

The law was mostly symbolic, but ceratinly made a point. While it scares me greatly to think of ever having to use a weapon/handgun, many people defend themselves often, without a shot ever being fired. There are more than enough real statistics to show that. But gun owners must also obey the given laws where they reside, and know how to properly handle (fire and clean/maintain their gun). A lack of responsibility will ruin it for us all. I have good friends whom I respect, who don't believe in owning firearms. It isn't worth the argument with them (or them with me), to get into it with them. We just happen to disagree.

Marvel