Who needs Klipsch when you got these!!!!

BigBusa

Hey guys n gals ...Yes, I did score a really nice pair of VOT A-7's for $125 last week! I saw "Alltech" speakers advertised in my local classified ad online paper and called immediately. The seller had the driver numbers listed so I knew they were Altecs.

When I called I asked a lot of questions. He ended up telling me that the cabinets were about 3' x 3' and included in the price if I wanted them!

Not knowing much about older Altecs I was unsure what they might be. I drove my truck the 5 miles to go look at them. He opens the garage door and there in the middle of the floor is a SWEET pair of VOT A-7's!!! I knew what those were!!!

I'd never been an Altec Lansing fan but for the price I had to give them a chance. Getting them inside my apartment was a chore! I moved the little (lol) Cornwalls to the rear of my system and muscled these monsters in where the Cornwalls were.

I'm told the room is waaaay to small for them but I was also told that about my Cornwalls. I'm happy as heck with their sound. I haven't been able to A/B the VOTs against the Cornwalls yet so I'm unsure which have the better sound. To date NOTHING has beaten my Cornwalls in A/B tests. I suspect the Cornwalls will sound better but we'll see.

Here's a picture of them right after placemement. You'll have to excuse the mess. I had to uproot my whole room.

WOW6.gif

Sidenote : The seller came right out and said he is not a stereo nut. He really didn't know a lot about the gear he had. He is a mason who works for a company that closes movie theaters. He had quite a few other speakers in his garage also. Most were the smaller EV and Altec surround sound speakers that are used in the theaters.

He told me that he just traded a pair of big "Klips" speakers to his brother for a hot tub. I asked if the big Klipsch were angled in the back and he said yes, but there was also short straight section that met the corner of the wall too.

WE KNOW WHAT THOSE WERE DON'T WE????!!! 3.gif Those came from a movie theater too.

I kept his number because he said he comes across speakers all the time. 9.gif3.gif

----------------

On 4/7/2003 8:12:00 AM BigBusa wrote:

I asked if the big Klipsch were angled in the back and he said yes, but there was also short straight section that met the corner of the wall too.

WE KNOW WHAT THOSE WERE DON'T WE????!!!
3.gif
Those came from a movie theater too.

I kept his number because he said he comes across speakers all the time.
9.gif3.gif

----------------

Klipschorns in a movie theater?? 6.gif

Damn! That is pretty sweet there!

BTW, off-topic. Is that a pinball machine I see back there through the door on the right (where the dog is laying on the floor)? I have a couple full-sized arcade video games in my gameroom, but still looking for a decent pinball machine to put down there.

----------------

On 4/7/2003 5:24:22 PM BigBusa wrote:

Yeah, those are pinball games. I have three right now. I'm addicted.
3.gif

Check here for pins in your area for sale.

----------------

You are not the only one that is addicted. I have always loved a good game of pinball 6.gif. To bad there are not to many around anymore. I tried to play the computer simulations (VPMame and such - even spent a decent amount of time making my own tables using Visual Pinball) and do enjoy them, but nothing can beat playing an actual table with a real ball and flippers.

Thanks for the clue-in. I went and did a quick search, I see a few promising leads in the immediate area (within 1 hour drive).

BigBusa,

Congrats on your VOT purchase.Amazing,great speakers at an inceredible price.

Now tell us BigBusa where did you hide your Promedia speakers? LOL

I know you like Promedia series,with the new green dot sticker,replacing the red star sticker.