Gasp! No Klipsch Speakers on Recent Stereophile Recommended Products

CatManFever

I have just seen the April Edition of Stereophile and didn't see any Klipsch speakers on their semi-annual recommended components. SHOCKED!!!

Guess that's why I quit subscribing to them several years ago. So, I shouldn't be too shocked, but WHY AM I???

Maybe I should go into the speaker wire business and wrap copper coil wire in foil that's been "shamaned" by at least 3 voodoo doctors. 11.gif

It's because Stereophile is too high-brow and don't consider Klipsch's latest offerings audiophile-quality...They don't cost in the tens of thousands of dollars like the Avantgarde Uno 2.0 or other such high-end manufacturers from Westlake Audio, Snell Acoustics, EgglestonWorks, Wilson Audio, Linn, JMlab, Meridian, Dynaudio, Revel, Sonus Faber, et al.

Klipsch isn't considered to be in the "snob factor". Too bad for Stereophile readers (which I'm one).

Nah!!!!!

In order for Klipsch to be fairly reviewed let alone recommended by StereoFool - would require Klipsch LLC to provide a pair of gold plated Khorns complete with an authenticatible photograph of dear old Paul carrying them on his shoulders as he walked across the Sea of Galilee toward GOD HIMSELF prostrated on the opposite shore. GOD would of course be prostrated in that photograph upon a $150,000 amp that was supported by a 3 year stack of StereoFool back issues.

----------------

On 4/12/2003 12:37:07 AM lynnm wrote:

Nah!!!!!

In order for Klipsch to be fairly reviewed let alone recommended by StereoFool - would require Klipsch LLC to provide a pair of gold plated Khorns complete with an authenticatible photograph of dear old Paul carrying them on his shoulders as he walked across the Sea of Galilee toward GOD HIMSELF prostrated on the opposite shore. GOD would of course be prostrated in that photograph upon a $150,000 amp that was supported by a 3 year stack of StereoFool back issues.

----------------

Wow. I was just going to say StereoSuck ;). Talk about a difference in creativity ...

I've only been a StereoFool (thanks, lynnm) subscriber for a short time...have any Klipsch loudspeakers ever made it to their Recommended Components lists? Surely the Klipschorns must have at some point in time, but because they're the longest running loudspeaker design in the history of audio "still" in continuous production since 1946...well, I guess it's old news now, so they've been deleted from their lists because they haven't been auditioned in quite some time.

Maybe Klipsch Audio Technologies should construct a beautiful exotic-wood veneered consumer version of their Jubilee, and sell it for over $10,000 a pair at snobby high-end audio salons throughout the country.

I'm sure the newest offerings from the Klipsch Reference Series should appear somewhere in Stereophile's exclusive lists sometime in the near future...Even if no Klipsch products ever make their lists, who cares? All of us devoted Klipsch horn speaker lovers know how great Klipsch products are, and that we'll always continue to buy Klipsch loudspeakers no matter what! Whenever I eventually build my own HT, it will consist of all Klipsch products for all my loudspeaker needs! As much as I also enjoyed my previous JBL's and Magnepans, they can never replace the sheer "liveliness" of my Cornwalls, or of any other Klipsch horn speaker, as far as I'm concerned!16.gif

If Klipsch braces their cabinets better,puts some lead inside to add weight.Starts using some Klipschaudio(designed by Dynaudio).And removes the made in Mexico replaced by made in Germany.

Prices them at a modest $15000/pair with silver plated spiked feet.

Now Stere O phile will recomend them.

And Klipsch should get rid of the cheapo "real" wood finished replaced with solid oak!

I still prefer Stereophile to Mono Review with their staff of deaf experts who rates trash very high and claims all amps sound the same.

I stopped subscribing to crap like Stereophile & The Absolute Sound 'equipment of the month club' years ago (decades maybe?). Their ears, are not my ears. And their listening rooms are absolute crap too. Therefore I don't really need their opinions.

They are great masters at picking products that are "Today's major breakthroughs" that are destined to become "Tomorrow's classic forgotten & overpriced Junk". The kind of stuff you'll be lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar compared to what you paid for it (Like Dynaudio, thats sells $85,000 speaker systems made with their car stereo drivers ).

They may claim that they are unbiased because of their advertising policies. LOL. There's more than one way to skin a cat. "Money Talks". Sex can be very motivating too.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Tivoli Audio's Henry Kloss Model Two radio make the "recommended components" list in Stereophile? I thought I read somewhere that it did? Ohh, if that is the case - I wonder how many other folks in this building can say they have a component in thier offices that has been blessed by the "annoited ones" at Stereophile? 3.gif

Anyway, I agree with the general sentiment - who cares what they say in some high-brow snobbish rag? I like the sound of my Klipsch RF-7s and I didn't have to take out a second mortgage to afford them either (as well as still have money to allow me to enjoy my other pursuits in life). The music that I like to listen to sounds friggan awesome on my setup and that is all I care for.

BTW I am still and will remain a loyal Stereophile fan.Because my amps(Krell,Celeste),speakers(Dynaudio Contour,Totem),SACD players(Sony and Pioneer)and more are highly rated. 16.gif

LOL

I can sense anger in this thread,why? Because they dont rate 1NFERI0R gear!

Yeah brag brag I like to see the gear I own in High-End mags

Mono Review and the likes are true toilet paper,even wasting time on mass market dumpster filler

"have any Klipsch loudspeakers ever made it to their Recommended Components lists?"

JGH, the founder of Stereophile, really liked the midrange on the original Heresy (mid '70s vintage).

The speaker had no bass (5dB down at 50hz), so how could he like that?

The speaker had no treble (5dB down at 17Khz)and sounded nasty because of the cavity from rear mounting, so how could he like that?

The new Heresy II had a better tweeter (only 3dB down at 20Khz) and eliminated the cavity through front mounting, it sounds much better.

With a new midrange driver, new woofer, and new crossover, the Heresy II did not sound as good in the midrange.

I can't say I care for the Heresy II, OTOH, the Forte' and the Cornwall II were killer.

Stereo Review just frothed at the mouth about the Forte', and for good reason. It was that good, and only $1080 a pair.

The only reason I can think of that Stereophile didn't review the Forte' is sour grapes, not wanting to run a 'me too' review.

The newer Klipsch models?

I'm a die-hard Heritage fan, and would have to include the Forte' in that too.

The newer models with their 1" metal diaphragms crossed over above 2Khz just don't sound as good in the midrange as the old 2" phenolic diaphragms crossed over from 400hz~700hz.

Sorry.

Ist Cav---The Khorn has not been in continuous production since 1946. It was recently out of production for more than a year.

I'd say the speaker in current production with the oldest lineage is the Altec 604, back in production by Great Plains under the Iconic brand name. The 604 went into production in 1945, went out of production in 1999 and is now back.

I get STEREOPHOOL (sorry lynnm; i've used it for 3 years and got NUTHIN. you use it once and yer the freakin' KING of COMEDY!!! 9.gif) for the industry update, and the music reviews. OK, I do enjoy reading about the latest $30,000 entrant into the "most obscenely over-priced, over-built ego crutch, once in awhile, too.

By the way, while I'm having my personal little pity-party over the "stereophool/stereofool" thang, I may as well mention, since NO ONE ELSE HAS...that I got a letter published in dear old s-phile, myself. Defending PWK, I might add. But does anyone on here notice? NNOOO! Does anyone here care?? NNOOOOO!!! Geez, I oughta get a new pair of speakers from the LLC for my pluckish defense of the master-blaster himself! But does klipsch thank me? NOOOOO! Does anyone love me????????????? NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOONONNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHHHHH-HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, WWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-HHHHAAAAAAA

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif