The Chuck E Cheese connection

Tom Adams

So there I am with the wife and kid, eating a so-so slice of pepperoni pizza at Chuck E Cheese when this speaker suspended from the ceiling caught my eye. Although it was painted white, there was something vaguely familiar about it. The music kept playing and Madison was having a good time, yet that speaker just kept bugging me. Finally, the wife asked what was I starring at? I told her that for some reason I think that speaker is a Heresy, but that the speaker grill didn't look anything like I've seen on a Heresy (besides, there wasn't a Klipsch placard). Not being able to take it anymore I walked over to where the speaker was and looked at the back of it. Sure enough - there was the tell-tale sign Klipsch speaker terminal. And the way the back was screwed on was identical to the way my Heresys are.

LOL - Klipsch might tout their relationship with the Hard Rock Cafe, but since there isn't one in Savannah, I guess I'll just have to eat pizza and drink a beer while Chuck E Cheese belts out songs thru some Heritage Heresys.9.gif

Tom Adams

----------------

On 4/15/2003 10:31:14 AM m00n wrote:

Right on, always cool when you find klipsch out in public.
----------------

Can't you get in trouble for showing your Klipsch in public? 9.gif

Ok... I am being influenced by you guys too much!

Yikes :)

Same thing happened at my school in the music rooms, turns out the school has all klipsch for the loud speakers. pretty neat.

John,

Is that the one over by northgate??

If so I've been influenced by klipsch longer then I thought.

I don't know how many times I attended birthday parties there when I was little.

I'm a big kid now so I don't go to C.E.C's that often.

I prefer to take my pizza with a pint of guiness or some other dark ale in a slightly more refined atmosphere2.gif

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 4/15/2003 4:20:00 PM fini wrote:

I will never order a pizza at Chuck E. Cheeze again! Last time, I bit into a slice, and pulled out a gym sock.

fini
----------------

And all this time I thought that was the crust.14.gif

Peace, Josh

I feel sorry for you rubes that gotta get your pizza at Chuckee Cheese and Pizza Hut and crappy places like that. Here in Chicago we're tripping over good pizza. Try Phil's on Halstead near 35th St. or Riccobenes on 26th. And Red Lobster, Christ is that place terrible, though I've actually seen bumpkins waiting in line to get in! It's a cold day in Hell before I wait in line to eat in a chain restaurant. Now I gotta taste for some nice walleye or lake perch, easy to find in Chicago too. Walleye, the King of Fish!

yeah, tbrennan, I know what ya mean. I never eat in chain resteraunts like applebe's or perkins. that $hit is nasty. Old Chicago is my current fav place for pizza here in the minneapple seed. they make it pretty good. for lobster we make our own 9.gif go and buy it live and snappin' from the local seafood place

----------------

On 4/15/2003 5:58:03 PM prodj101 wrote:

yeah, tbrennan, I know what ya mean. I never eat in chain resteraunts like applebe's or perkins. that $hit is nasty. Old Chicago is my current fav place for pizza here in the minneapple seed.

----------------

And just what would you consider Old Chicago? Newsflash.... We have them all the way out here on the West Coast.

DOH! prodj just finds out that Old Chicago is a chain and now automatically does not like them anymore. 2.gif

I think chain resties are fine. Applebees is great if you ask me.

u guys dont like pizza hut?

i guess us poor college folks must take whatever we can get... of course my university is in chicago and i could just as easily order pizza from gino's east or lou malnattis but come-on.... 2 medium pizza hut pizzas for $8??

poor poor poor college student... :pat on back:

1.gif

Jeez man. Old Chi-town can be okay, but there is both real beer and real pizza to be had in Minneapolis. For the nouveau 'za, hit Pizza Luce, espically since there's always Summit on draft and its 2-for-1 during happy hour. If you want old-style pizza, there's tons of great mom & pop's, especially in south Minneapolis.