Anyone ever have experience buying floor demo speaker

m00n

m00n,

I started to buy a pair of JBL speakers, (before I heard of Klipsch). from my local H.H. Gregg store. The Manager showed me his invoice and what his cost was for them. He offered a full Money back garantee, and full warranty with them.

I checked them out, listened to them, and discovered the woofers cones had been pushed in. They worked fine, but I walked away from the deal. Then discovered Klipsch!!!!

Even if its a floor model, he/she should give you a full warranty, and hopefully you can buy them at cost or just a little over his cost................ Good Luck... hope this helps.

My Belle's were floor demos from (I hate to admit this) Good Guys in 84'. They had a few scratches on them, but I didn't mind, as the price was right.

As you already know, check ALL of the drivers, & make sure you can return them if they are not right. When you get it home, replace one of yours with it & compare the sound. If you are lucky, it will be identical!

Good Guys have been around that long? Didn't know that.

Well, I decided against buying the floor demo speaker. It would save me $25.00, but I would just rather head off any issues and just buy a new one never been used. Not to mention, there is a real satisfying feeling you get when you open up that brand new box, see that new speaker that has never been scene since it left the Klipsch factory. 1.gif

If they are the last pair in the store, then the floor model is pretty much your only option isn't it? Begin by asking for 15% off the sticker price. Offer cash to the manager personally to overcome any reluctance to sell the floor models (usually works.) Warranty should still be good if you're at an authorized dealer...

I picked up my Forte IIs this way back in 1990. Paid $625 for the pair and the ONLY downside was no packing material. To think that I could sell them tomorrow and break even never ceases to put a smile on my face. 1.gif

----------------

On 4/28/2003 10:02:14 PM mca_bagom wrote:

Wow, I got my Pair of RF-7's for 1300. They were floor models and the only thing wrong is a small dent in one of the dust cap. They only gave 25.00 off?
15.gif

----------------

Dude.. if you paid 1300 for pair, then you got a nice deal!

----------------

On 4/28/2003 6:58:54 PM m00n wrote:

To make a long story short, I may be buying a RF7 that has been on the showroom floor. Anyone here have any good or bad comments about this?

----------------

I got my RF-5s as floor models - the last pair the Tweeter had here. The only reason I got them was that I wanted a pair of full-range surrounds, and they let them go for about $900. I was offered the RF-7s for about $1300. I was sooo tempted, but I could not squeek the extra $400 out of my budget, and I just simply could not shoehorn them into my room. One of the cones was dented and two of the pegs (one on each grill) was broken - we did re-glue one of the pegs back on and it held. Despite that, they do indeed sound quite good. I did call up Klipsch to see if I can get a replacement speaker driver and grills. They said they would. I left a message to get an RMA number, but never got a return call. I need to send an e-mail to get an RMA number for the dented driver. I also would like to replace the dented driver on my rear RC-7.

If you can get a really good deal (I say at least 20% off the retail price), than grabbing the floor models may be worth it. You can often get anything that is broken on them fixed under warrentee. However, for a measely $25 extra bucks, I would go ahead and get a new one.

Geez, if you bought all your other stuff from these people I would have certainly expected more than a measley $25 discount - Gimme a break! What a bunch of theives! I would not be doing too much more business with them with that lack of appreciation. I would have told him I was going elsewhere until he was ready to do business. Greedy SOB's. 7.gif

About ten years ago I found a pair of demo Forte II's for my Dad at Wally Woofer's West Coast Sound (yep, that was the name of it!). Got them for 50% off which turned out to be $600. He is still enjoying them to this day. Buying demos shouldn't be a problem as long as you're getting a significant discount.