whats with all the jewish insults I've been hearing lately?

I'm NOT trying to stir up trouble with this thread, just hoping someone can tell me whats up.

I'm not sure when or why it started, but lately it seems like it is now an insult to be called a "jew". in many online games, people are calling people "jew cowards" or just "jew" and I am really curious why suddenly being jewish is a bad thing. it is being thrown around like the word "gay" to describe things as being stupid. this has to stop. it offends me, and I am not of any religon at all. I only realized how bad it has gotten now that kids at my school are using it as well, and I am left thinking WTF is up with all this crap?

There will always be people (?) who will use racial/theological/political/geographical/planetary/constellational/whatever differences as jump off points in their quest to make a few bucks.

Give it a rest. There is no atrocity or hatred that someone will be unable to see as funny.

If that offends you, you might need to turn off your computer. That is the simple truth, thats the price you pay for total freedom on the internet. You either have to deal with it or not expose yourself to it.

Is there really any other way to look at it?

----------------

On 5/8/2003 9:27:45 PM kenratboy wrote:

If that offends you, you might need to turn off your computer. That is the simple truth, thats the price you pay for total freedom on the internet. You either have to deal with it or not expose yourself to it.

Is there really any other way to look at it?

----------------

Sorry, but this is actually the stupidest comment I've ever heard. It's almost like you're saying you shouldnt be offended. What if people started calling people "christian coward", "muslim coward", "black coward" etc. IT IS NORMAL TO BE OFFENDED. It's a blantantly racist comment.

I think it stems more from ignorance and maybe the fact that people are equating zionism with judaism when in fact they are opposites. (zionism as been ruled racist by the UN several times ie: November 12, 1975)

Ok, we really shouldnt have this post on the forum, but real quick.

I think your making way way to big a deal about it. Most of the people I know are just using it for purely comic, and not racist motives. I mean, sure there are some people that are truely anti-semitic, but i believe that the majority of people dont mean it that way. It is unfortunate that it could be taken that way, but in most cases it is really meant to cause to harm.

More of an answer than anyone wants, but here goes...

This resurrection of jew bashing started with the American Christian Conservative supported attempt about 10 -15 years ago to discredit stories about the holocaust. A couple of books and many articles that more or less said 'thou doeth protest too much' made the rounds. The christian conservatives (mostly) finally succoumbed to facts, but those that practice remaining ignorant and searching for ways to raise their own value at the expense of others have held on to this theory that jews are liars and whiners. As it hits more folks and the internet remains free to all, you will see it pop up more often.

Irreconcilable ignorance should always be ignored or banished...

----------------

On 5/9/2003 12:25:46 PM hwatkins wrote:

This resurrection of jew bashing started with the American Christian Conservative supported attempt about 10 -15 years ago to discredit stories about the holocaust. A couple of books and many articles that more or less said 'thou doeth protest too much' made the rounds. The christian conservatives (mostly) finally succoumbed to facts, but those that practice remaining ignorant and searching for ways to raise their own value at the expense of others have held on to this theory that jews are liars and whiners. As it hits more folks and the internet remains free to all, you will see it pop up more often.

----------------

HWATKINS,

What are sources for this statement? Please do not equate true christians with those with white supremacist/anti-semetic beliefs. Please reference Genesis 12:3. Christians don't hate the jewish people, they are the lineage of Jesus Christ.

Regards,

Greg

There is no sense in using racial comments to begin with, whether they be directed at nationalities, ethnic backgrounds or anything. Just demonstrates ignorance to me... though there are times when things to get said "in the heat of the moment" but that does not make it right.

other posters are right, this is not the place for this type of topic, cant we all just get along. funny i grew up in a predominatly jewish neighborhood, and you know what? you really could not tell the difference between any nationality, i have always been in racially diverse neighborhoods, it has been a pleasure witnessing the diversity, and the ability to get along, that is just how denver is12.gif