Interesting Non-Audio eBay Item... from Arkansas!

fini

Chuckle... one born every minute. Check the price, and his additions to the description. Looks like no one's taking the poor chap seriously!!

Doug

...and fini, I'm afraid to ask, but what in tarnation were you searching for that caused this to pop up?

Strangely though, he has perfect feedback so why in world would he risk certain negative feedback. Unless he is gonna take the money and run if someone is crazy enough to send it to him. I know alot of unexplained things go on in this world, so insane as it may sound there may be a hint of truth to the story. Speaking of that I reach "Freak" status with this post - wierd. I am suprised eBay let the auction run it's course.

There are people who really take this ghost business seriously. Our local historical museum is an old mansion, about 1850's vintage and supposedly haunted, and there was a group of ghost hunters spent the night there. They had local news coverage and everything. It must have been a slow night1.gif

Greg

Oh yeah, I agree there are lots of unexplaned things. I believe in ghosts, but I personally would not pay some 15,000 for a ghost in a jar. That to me is a bit far fetched. I would also think that anyone who is serious about ghosts would want to investigate the story a little more closely.

SALE OF THE MELLINNIUM!!!!

from_manhattan.jpg

Have we got a deal for you! The Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most famous and well-traveled bridges of the 20th century, is about to have its IPO. That's right, right here and right now we can offer you, yes you, stocks in the Brooklyn Bridge. Please fill out this form now to take part is this terrific offer.

Name

Address

City State/Province

Postal Code Country

Phone

FAX

Credit Card Number

Expiration Date

Name as it appears on the card

I wish to purchase the following:

______ (Enter Amount) Shares in the Brooklyn Bridge at $25,000/share US

----------------

On 6/5/2003 10:50:06 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Strangely though, he has perfect feedback so why in world would he risk certain negative feedback.

----------------

I wonder what someone could complain about... "no evil things have happened to me ?" ... "I'm still to darn lucky" ... "i haven't been haunted by the black shadow " ... or "the evil ghost doesn't want to come out and play!" ... lol... 9.gif11.gif9.gif

I agree that i'm surprised that Ebay has decided to let the auction run it's course... over 285,000 hits and 25,000$ last i saw...

I don't know what fini is looking for, but I'm still looking for the shrunken pigmy mummy in a jar...

Wow6.gif We've got the Ghost in the Machine, the Ghost in the Bottle, The Pygmy in the Bottle. Now do we go to the Pygmy in the Message? before we get to the Message in the Bottle?1.gif And are they spirits in a material world. de do do do,de da da da?

----------------

On 6/5/2003 10:37:22 AM dougdrake wrote:

...and fini, I'm afraid to ask, but what in tarnation were you searching for that caused this to pop up?

----------------

I ran into it durring my usual Thursday morning search for "black thing."

fini

Well, that is just about the most screwed up thing I have ever seen. I don't believe in ghosts or the like, but for some reason, you can't help but to have the hair raise on the back of your neck when you read it... kind of like a good horror movie. Very interesting... cannot believe anyone would pay $50000 for it. (check the price now...)

What will they think of next... hey, anyone wanna buy an alien? I found him way back in the day- think I was 6... hit him in the nose and he has been nice ever since. 9.gif Now he is just annoying. Will let him go for $1000, he is annoyong these days. BTW, he is invisible...

People these days...

I don't know. I tend to be skeptical of things like that myself, but I do want to give the guy the benefit of a doubt. When I read that, it did send a chill down my spine thinking about it. Also, did you guys look closely at that bottom most picture of the little graveyard? You could see two figures standing in there, one to the extreme left (just to the right and slightly behind the tree) and another just immediate right of center. The person indicated that he was alone at the time he took the picture. Now, admittedly, that could be a very nice PhotoShop edit, but again, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. I guess the only way to verify the authenticy of that picture is to see the actual photographic print as well as the negatives.

I guess one reason why I am willing to give that guy a benefit of a doubt is something that I had heard what happened when my grandmother passed away. My own mother as well as my aunt was there and they both told me the same story. There is no reason that I can think of why they would make this up, so I have every reason to believe them. Well anyway, at the moment my grandmother passed away, my aunt Susan was sitting beside her bed and my mother was in the dinning room of the house either reading a book or doing needlework (can't remember which). All of a suddenly, the lights went out in the bedroom! Freaked the hell out of my aunt Susie. She was not sitting anywhere near the wall switch so it was not like she bumped it or anything. She got up and turned the lights back on. In the dinning room, my mother was suddenly compelled to go put on some Christmas music on the stereo - as though she was asked to. Shortly after that, they both heard what sounded like a door slam and another sound that resembled a bus pulling away (and they both swear to the Good Lord Above that there was no bus or truck or anything else outside at that time).

The only thing I can make out of that is that my grandmother was very much into the Christmas spirit and she did like to listen to Christmas music just about year-round, so maybe she wanted to hear it one last time before leaving the world. Also, in her last days, she kept indicating that she was "going on a trip" and had even packed a small suitcase. That story freaked me out when my mother first told me, only to hear it again from my aunt.

There are truly some things in this world that do make you go "hmmm....." 6.gif