Heresy's on ebay - look right?

circuitjt

i am looking for a pair of heresy's for the rear channels of my ht (klipschorns front, la scala center) and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3031705645&category=14993

can anybody id the components in the pictures as originals, or at least equivalents?

save me from myself,

thanks

Well things just keep getting weirder and weirder. I won my Heresy's on e-bay last night ($330 including shipping), should have them by tuesday, nice guy to deal with. The weird part is my La Scala came in this morning for my center channel, and I was blown away! I found a company that had 7 industrial ls's, separate base and hf sections and finished in a textured matte black. They were removed from a church installation, so I figured I would have to rebuild/refinish it. It got here and was perfect, like just out of the box, not even dusty. My wife took one look at it and asked why we didn't buy two more for the rears instead of the Heresy's, who would have thought? Two Klipschorns and 3 La Scalas would be the ticket for my ht. Anybody want to buy a couple Heresy's? I think I will give her through the weekend to see if she still feels that way, and who knows, maybe monday I'll order two more ls's ($400 ea.). And being the nice guy I am, one way or the other I'll post where the ls's are in case anybody else is interested, after I order mine.

I want to thank everyone who responded about the Heresy identification. Got to love this forum..............

John

well the heresy's will be here tomorrow and then i can A-B the heresy and la scala and see if i can justify the extra $500. at least with the la scala, there is no chance of tripping over them!

thanks to everyone for the support

John

They look to be original. $300 is a great "buy it now" price if they are in good shape as they appear to be. The seller isn't showing the top or sides for some reason though. Also, they were stained by owner since they have no veneer. A quick email to the seller or take a chance. They'll go real quick.

Thank you everyone for the posts, I have emailed the seller to see if I can pick them up, if so, I'll have my new rear speakers. They will replace a pair of KSF8.5's and I will finally have my all "Heritage" theater.

Thank you all again,

John

Well things just keep getting weirder and weirder. I won my Heresy's on e-bay last night ($330 including shipping), should have them by tuesday, nice gut to deal with. The weird part is my La Scala came in this morning for my center channel, and I was blown away! I found a company that had 7 industrial ls's, separate base and hf sections and finished in a textured matte black. They were removed from a church installation, so I figured I would have to rebuild/refinish it. It got here and was perfect, like just out of the box, not even dusty. My wife took one look at it and asked why we didn't buy two more for the rears instead of the Heresy's, who would have thought? Two Klipschorns and 3 La Scalas would be the ticket for my ht. Anybody want to buy a couple Heresy's? I think I will give her through the weekend to see if she still feels that way, and who knows, maybe monday I'll order two more ls's ($400 ea.). And being the nice guy I am, one way or the other I'll post where the ls's are in case anybody else is interested, after I order mine.

I want to thank everyone who responded about the Heresy identification. Got to love this forum..............

John9.gif

Trust me 2 Khorns and 3 La Scala's kicks ***! I have that very setup in my living room. But I would not rush out and sell the Heresy's just yet, I use a pair of Heresy II's as my rear effects speakers and a pair of KG-1's for (B) surrounds in addition to the La Scala's. Mine are not the pro models with the split cabinets though, you will have slightly less low end response due to the use of the K-43 heavy duty woofers in those cabinets. It will still be awesome though. I would like to have a single split section La Scala to use as a center channel though since it offers more placement options. However, mine sounds killer anyway laying on it side with the Sony 43" RPTV on top of it. Either way you are certainly headed in the right direction.

circuitjt

Pls contact me about the La Scalas..I am VERY interested!!!! Industrials..in good shape...and need these for my "application" too. Thanks..I want two pairs of the La Scalas or LSI's bad

IndyKlipschFan

Live Music/ Karaoke through these will never be the same. LOL

• 8 months later...

I was able to get the 2 pairs of LaScalas (4 total) ... Moved to the new house. Just now getting them dialed in. (A good EQ helps, the DBX 2231 did the trick, and you can "find" the bottom on these trust me..LOL)

That said, everything the original poster said was true. Basically spotless, used in a church, there were 7 of them total. The two that were flown were pre sold. Other than slight dust, not a scratch on them at all, 2 of the 4 needed high end fuses, one had the high end sounding funny till I re soldered it back to where it was supposed to be. (mixed up mid and high on the internal x over).

Everything I remember about these 20 some odd years ago was right like I snapped my fingers and poof still true today. Breathtaking clarity, dynamics from a hush to pure music pounding your chest true of the K horn in a mobile box..LOL. You feel like the performer is right in front of you, and unlike most PA speakers, T's and S's are not confused rather you can understand the lyrics because it is all clean at any level!

To borrow a line from Mister T, "I pity the fool" that did not know what they had. To find two matching pairs, was and is a rare find. I feel very lucky and when the Music/Karaoke/ HT downstairs room is built sometime this summer, it is just going to be breathtaking.

I know this reply is late, but wanted you all to have the update too. For those that can find the LaScalas... Whether regular or the LSI versions, you will not be disappointed.

If anyone is interested and located in Texas, I might be selling my Oiled Walnut Heresy's (1985s) soon. They are in near mint condition and located in San Antonio. I prefer not to ship. They also have the riser bases on them. I picked them up with a pair of Quartets a few weeks ago (which I subsequently sold to another forum member) so I have references as well as perfect ebay feedback. Let me know if interested.

Regards,

Dave