Anybody else having problems scrolling this site?

Johnny dB

I'm at work now using a dial-up connection and I can scroll alot faster now than when I'm at home using a cable connection. Frustrating as hell! Also when loading some pics it would give me an AS error... session timed-out or something to that effect. It's only the Klipsch Forum I'm having this problem with. Other sites are fine.

netscape 7.0 gives me fits on this site, repeatedly locks up, sceen jumps, 4.5 looks better and does not freeze, but will not display all info on product and I cant private messageW/4.5. edit: With 7.0 the mouse is TERRIBLE dragging the verticle bar down,my friggin hand is sore!

I don't mind saying that this is the worst site I know of for connectivity and performance. I have a fast broadband connection and I constantly get slow page loads, long dead air delays, time-outs, "document contained no data", it's terrible. I've come to a point where I'm avoiding the site because of it.

I'm a server/network admin on my day job and can do minor troubleshooting even over the internet. For instance, if I open a command window and do a ping -t forums.klipsch.com, I get replies from the server while the web pages are timing out. This implies issues within the web server software, not an internet connectivity problem. It's been like this ever since they "upgraded" to the current forum software. The actual forum DB seems to running off a MS Access DB, this is probably the underlying problem. Access was and is a POS.

Tom

----------------

On 6/27/2003 7:22:37 PM bkrop wrote:

Yeah but I would have to spend half my time downloading virus patches and security updates if I used IE!
1.gif

----------------

I use IE (ever since AOL bought Netscape), but I would never let any microsoft product be my security. I have 2 hardware firewalls & 1 software firewall. No security problem here!

I use Opera along with IE. The newer versions are pretty stable and much faster, faster even than IE. Plus I can turn off the pop ups, like Netscape.

Tom,

It uses MS SQL server which is only marginally better than Access.

Marvel

I have broadband over fibre. No problems here. I am in California. I am using IE 6. Updates aren't a problem. I am used to updating software on a reasonable basis. At least Microsoft finds and fixes the problems. However I usually do not upgrade to a new Microsoft product until it has gotten past service pack 1. Service pack 1 seems to be all the things they knew were wrong before they released the product. Service pack 2 seems to be the real problems found in the field.