Cornwalls w/ glass tops?

synthfreek

I think that sounds good. Many people have glass cut for the tops of their speakers so when they put plants or knick knacks on them, they won't get scratched. I'd look into it, they could be in great shape with a real nice wood finish and well worth $600 (after negotiating).

Greg

----------------

On 7/25/2003 9:03:31 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Glass tops is sooooo seventies. Vintage speakers - fine. Vintage furniture accents - Squaresville, Man. It is 2003. You must now use Silestone or Cambria to be "happening."

----------------

To be "happening?" How sixties!

I like nude...nude is good.

I remember a late '60's cylidrical column loudspeaker called the Empire Grenadier Model 9000 that had a round marble top (the rest being walnut laminate). Don't know if the marble was original, or placed there by the owner, but it did look groovy!

----------------

On 7/25/2003 8:14:54 PM garymd wrote:

Someone (I can't remember who) on this forum has glass tops for his lascalas (also full grills if I remember correctly) and they look great. Maybe someone could resurrect that pic for you.

----------------

You asked for it. Sorry it took a so long; just returned from vacation. As far as that 70's crack... I was born in the 70's so it's "my" look.2.gif

post-11495-13819248546684_thumb.jpg

Glass tops were not offered by Klipsch so its an afterthought to protect the finish. Good idea. I have a friend who just picked up a pr of 25 yr old Belles in Teak with thick glass tops and they are beautiful. Hope you get in touch with the guy and take a look at the CWs soon.

For what it worth I had 1/4" glass tops made for all 4 of my Khorns and Cornwalls, now I don't have to worry about scratches or water stains.

When I got the Rosewood Khorn the tops had scratches and candle wax, I managed to remove all of the wax and most of the scratches by light sanding and re-oiling I wish the previous owner had used glass tops.