an attachment in the first post of a thread

Randy Bey

I wouldn't. A $1600 J.A. Michell Gyro SE 'table with a $1000 Rega RB900 tonearm and a $1500 Sumiko Celebration MC cartridge would do me just fine. Oh, and lets not forget the EAR 834P phono preamp for $1300!

So That's what those damned things are !!

I had three of them sitting in my gayrodge ever since Cuzzin Elroy got hauled off fer scaring folks with that dange CB truk and sposedly stealin tellys and comms from sum service down there in Payroo - I thinks it a fraymup cuz I cant find no Payroo on any of my gas stayshun maps.

Anywais I took all of them top partz to a scrap deeler and sold them for a hun...hod..hunnert bucks and kept theys stands. Got me a meet saw on one and a pressyour drill on a nother. The last juan is holdin up a old Hemi 440 but I thank I'ma gonna take the Hemi off *** cuz ever tyme I opens the door it sways two much. I wurry that it myte fall offen theyer and land on wun uv the kids and Lord knows I hate ta see the kids get hurt. The last time that happened with the Comings Deezel I was rebilding what landed on Billy Jake It cost me dang near a hund...honnd...hunnert and fartie dollers to get hiz i's uncrossed and the pore little tyke still walks kinda funny!

Yep I done the rat thang. Iff 8 Track wuz good enuff for Elvis - It is good enuff for MEE!

----------------

On 7/27/2003 9:15:36 PM DeanG wrote:

Tell me the truth. How many of you would buy something like this if you hit the lottery next week?

----------------

Not me! ... I would not be home enough to use it!

Lynnm.... Way too funny!

with the exception of the new chrysler hemi that is currently in their new cars, there were TWO HEMI ENGINES BUILT BY CHRYSLER. the 392 and 426(o.k.MAYBE a 361 before the 392)the 440(i had one)426wedge,413,and 383 were 'wedge head' motors-totally different from the hemispherical-head engines.

M ost

O ver

P owered

A nd

R espected

3.gif

My dad was a big Chrysler fan. I now have his 1960 Ford F-100 that he removed the 6 cylinder-3 speed & installed a 1962 Chrysler 413 with the push-button 727 auto.

Every time you mash the gas, it moves over 3 lanes to the left.

From what I remember as a kid that Chrysler 440 was used in Department of Public Safety police cars with 4 barrel Carter carburetors at least in Texas anyway. I don't recall it being a HEMI motor though. They had super coolers under the hood as well, I worked part time during the summer as a tool handler assisting the mechanics and we took one of those babies for a spin, we topped it out about 137MPH. The coolest thing was that it had an additional gear that kicked in about 85MPH and really propelled you. That was a mean, mean motor. The only other engine that I ever saw that was more impressive was in an older Oldsmobile 98. Back when Texas was taking bids for highway police cruisers Olds submitted a couple for them to try out, obviously Chrysler bid lower and got the contract. They sold the cars to Uniroyal that had a proving grounds in Laredo, TX where they tested and compared tires. After they had 100,000 miles on them they sold them to a friend of mine's father. We opened the hood and the engines were painted a solid red and the air cleaner label said "455 Police Interceptor" man did I ever want that motor for my '75 GMC High Sierra 4X4.