Why didn't Klipsch make a RSW-18?

cdsang

People stop dreaming,Klipsch will not make a true sub worthy of large heritage speakers.

The real options are...

Acoustic Visions Everest/K2 power amp

SVS B4-Plus/K2 power amp

These two mash any Me Too pretender and butcher any Klipsch sub.Sad Klipsch prefers to make cheapo RW style toys and not a real true Heritage or very large Reference line sub using dual 18" woofer and tuned to 16Hz.

I would pay $5000-$7500 for a real deal Klipsch sub.20 grand for what? Hype?

If a serious company cannot build a serious sub for under 7 grand there is a serious problem.

What do you need? A woofer or two,a PR or two.And a box plus an amp.

$7500 gets you the SVS B4-Plus/K2 amp AND the Acoustic Visions Everest with another K2 amp.

No Klipsch is interested by MAXIMUM PROFIT,PWK goal was profit too who goal its not?Sure but his designs were less based around WAF and the other BS,and much more around OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.

Thank god for a founder like PWK and his drive for better sound first.If his goals were mainly $$$$ we would never see such classics as the K-Horn,LaScalla and other great Heritage speakers.

At least SVS and Acoustics Visions understands us real audiophiles and our needs.I will not settle for sub standard gear,garbage is for mass market stores and the masses.Not for me,my cheapest audio gear is for my PC's.

Couldn't they build a coffee table design or one that looks like those shelves behind a couch?I realize the coffee table one would be huge but hey if it does the job.....just a thought...as far as room goes...salesmen tell me all the time the Heresys are to big to keep in showroom or sell....then i look over at the RF series and say....those take up more room than Heresys....then i ask them...have you ever even seen a heresy?? they say no...go figure..lol...rick

About 5 years back, we made a subwoofer out of several Khorn LF sections modified to use 18" drivers. These were installed between the wall and floor instead of wall and wall. We drove them with a few thousand watts and eq'd the system so it was flat to 12 Hz in room. Played about 117 dB at 20Hz 1 meter. We did a demo at CES just to show what such a sub would be like. With music as demo material it was astonishing - I've never heard anything quite like it. With movies offering lotsa bottom end, it would literally disorient you and made some feel as if they were going to lose bowel control. I remember our guy Mark, who was giving the demo had to take breaks as he was losing his balance. Something to do with inner ear equlibrium.

Bear in mind, this sub was enormous. Think 4 Khorn bottoms. It also presented challenges to the room in terms of vibration and in time, might pop nails out of dry wall. Now, I know that is just the kind of talk that gets us all worked up and salivating. Please do not post demands for this sub. Just send $.

I guess one of the penalties of being a larger speaker company is our need to sell lots of products whereas some smaller companies can cater to the desires of a smaller market. I recognize the attempts to bait Klipsch into delivering the kind of sub that would make all of you drool. In the not distant future you'll come to see what we've been doing with the engineering talent we have these days. Gonna be surprising...and cool!

Bob G.,

As a die hard Klipscher and sub human sub fanatic I demand Klipsch introduces a sub more capable than the RSW15.You build it I buy it.1.gif

I have all three RSW's(10,12 and 15),what is missing is a more capable Klipsch capable of going toe to toe with my Revel B15,HGS18 and Aerial SW12.On very deep bass.

Ok let me hint you,get the SVS team to bdesign and build a B4-Plus like sub with a Klipsch logo.2.gif

Add a 2.4Kw RMS/6000W peak plate amp and voila(yeah it would require at least a 20AMP circuit to run)

And where is your new THX lineup? I am looking forward to these speakers too.

i listen often at high spl's in my ht room.

in MY ROOM (about 336 square feet w/7 1/2 ft. ceiling)

the rsw-15 does a FINE job of pressurising the room. it shakes my Natuzzi red-leather couch, so much to the point my stewart screen/niles rep thought i had 'butt shakers' installed! it also makes the cuffs on my pants flap like in a breeze. if you stand in the opposite corner from the rsw-15, the bass is so strong it makes you want to puke!

i have the sub-out level set to about +4 on my receiver, and i never go beyond 1 or 2 o'clock on the volume knob on the rsw-15. the ONLY thing i need to do to improve the deep bass performance in my ht room is to do some 'vibration control' to reduce the rattling of stuff in the room when the sub does its thing.

also, the sub only does frequencies below 70Hz from center and rear channels, and below 40Hz for l,r front channels.

i'm posting this because:

i REALLY like my rsw-15

it does a GREAT job in MY ht room

i'm sure it would do the same for others

i can't imagine needing/wanting deeper/louder bass than i have,and if i do,all i have to do is turn the volume up.

avman.

"i can't imagine needing/wanting deeper/louder bass than i have,and if i do,all i have to do is turn the volume up."

I have 16 subs at home,yes that is 16 subs.And some use quite formidable 8,10,12,15 and 18" woofers and I will get more potent ones from SVS and Acoustic Visions.Its not a question IF but when do I crack under pressure to get more earth shaking bass.

My goal is 20 subs by the end of 2004.As now I purchased mucho and sub budget is st a minimum(err a big 0 this year ),my plans to get two SVS and dual Acoustic Visions are now set for March 2004.I will have a three weeks vaccation and the perfect time to get the monsters and set them up.9.gif

The must have subs are SVS B4-Plus,SVS PB2-Ultra,Acoustic Visions Denali and Everest.End of story

These four will secure my subhuman subsonic crown for a while.1.gif

Real bass is when you are not scared to damage the sub(s) and can listen at insane levels for prolonged time(yes hearing anihalation)with the only fear being hearing damage.And all the way down to 20Hz(120dB at listening position,126dB peaks)