Why didn't Klipsch make a RSW-18?

cdsang

Their RSW-15 seems to have done well. And if they do make an 18 inch version, I may be a buyer. The 18 should do 20hz with power. I realize the size of this thing would be big, but Velodyne made an 18 and people like it. Maybe have a 700 watt RMS BASH amp as well. It may be the first Refernce level sub they make which would fit the name pretty well. I was just wondering. This thing would be sweet.A Klipsch RSW-18 vs SVS PB2-Plus review to. Maybe if we do a vote and if the numbers are high enought, maybe Klipsch would make it. Who knows. Just toying around with the idea.

CD

I second the idea of a RSW18,if Klipsch would make one I would be a buyer.

The RSW18 would have to be very capalbe down to 20Hz(around 110dB @ 20Hz)and pound the stuffing out of the house at 32Hz(here around 120dB).

Use a more solid,multi brace cabinet with a more potent and serious woofer capable of Sunfire/TC Sounds like linear.

I am sure Klipsch is very capable of building this sub and priced under $5000 I would be a buyer.

Klipsch I know you guys are capable

And buyers you would have(I am one for sure)

Please design a real REFERENCE sub worthy of the K-Horns,capable of matching the legendary K-Horn might in a large room.

Come on guys dont let SVS and Adire push you around like this! ACT and give us what we want(Klipsch would make a happy $$$$ too).

My RSW tower of slam is missing the most important part...a REAL REFERENCE KLIPSCH SUB.

"nnnnooo no no no, don't make one, than I won't have the top of the line anymore"

They better make a RSW18,the RSW15 is not even a top ten best of the best sub.

My list of the best of the best would read like this(based on tests and some on specs)

1.Acoustic Visions Pinacle Everest/Bryston 14B(two Tumults and gout 18" PR's nuff said)

2.SVS B4-Plus/Bryston 14B(based what I experienced with the dual Ultras it must rip the floor)

3.Krell MRS(the Krell and and two 15" TC SOunds bruisers cannot be denied)

4.Wilson Watch DOG(too expensive but the best 12" sub made,heard it with various material)

5.Aerial SW12(have it)

6.B&W ASW4000(tested and will buy one)

7.Revel B15(have it,it packs a monster punch)

8.Velodyne HGS18(have it)

9.SVS Ultra(dual setup)/any quality 500W/ch amp(tested it)

10.Sunfire Signature(have it)

Klipsch better shape up and give the ELITE Klipschers a real contender with power to crack plaster.

TheEAR needs more subwoofing!The king of subs needs more SPL

9.gif

Note I will ONLY stop when I have ALL the subwoofer in the list,yes this includes the Krell.I MUST HAVE THE BEST and the most powerful.SO Klipsch bring it on,my wallet is ready for yet another RSW,this time the Ultimate Edition RSW.

Hmmmm... the same wives which won't allow K-Horns, LaScalas, Cornwalls, most DIY subwoofers, most SVSubwoofers, Velo HGS18s into the home either? 9.gif Guess the "bean counters" haven't been on these forums too often? 2.gif

Ok, I agree it'll limit the market appeal a little... but having a "status" unit will sometimes bring customers into stores in the first place, even though they'll leave with a smaller unit.

Car companies have done this for years.

Rob

"The reports back from the "bean counters" say that no wife will allow a sub that big in the house..."

Oh is that so,then SVS,HGS18 and the Pinnacle Series from Acoustic Visions has no reason to exist.And yet they sell

I say the bean counters dont know how to count.Too bad your loss not mine.

Why, because the frequency response on it does not have much output below 35Hz, it is more of a mid-bass subwoofer - what's the point your missing a full octave?

I want an RSW-18!, or else I will just keep giving my money to Velodyne they have been building an 18" for years! Gee I guess no one buys them, and they just keep making them then. The bean counters need to revisit their marketing, benchmarking and statistical data. I want looooooooowwwwww output and lots of it and the RSW-15 just wasn't gonna cut it, having had a KSW-15 before I was not that trusting of a Klipsch sub. Build it and they will come!

BobG,

Do you need a petition? As you can see you would sell the RSW18's and maybe a lot more then one would think.

With speakers as large as the Heritage line(these are not small)all the Klipscher is missing is a REAL subwoofer to fill the bottom end.As no Heritage speakers have much below 30Hz and all know this.

To reproduce a full orchestra or pipe organs you MUST have a REAL sub,and the smallish RSW15 just does not cut it.

Please Klipsch consider the RSW18(or what ever name you may have in mind)YOU BUILD THE SUB BUYERS WILL SPEND THE $$$$ to get one.

I am ready to pay if it performs.And so are a good few others

Why wait around? You can get a Tumult-based doomsday sub right now for a couple grand from Acoustic Visions. The Denali (one 15" Tumult driver & two 18" PRs) is available for less than $2000. The Everest (two Tumults and FOUR 18" PRs) is around double that amount I think....3.gif

I had them build me a Denali (minus the 1000 watt Keiga plate amp) and supplied my own 1400 watt pro amplifier. Just a single Denali goes damn well with K-horns, & is just what the doctor ordered for my bass jones...6.gif

----------------

On 9/8/2003 11:51:04 AM TheEAR wrote:

I am sure Klipsch is very capable of building this sub and priced under $5000 I would be a buyer.

----------------

Oh cmon! I would hope it would cost about $3000 less than that.. Geeze man!