Why didn't Klipsch make a RSW-18?

cdsang

----------------

On 9/8/2003 10:39:23 PM trey cannon wrote:

The reports back from the "bean counters" say that no wife will allow a sub that big in the house...

I use the LF of the Khorn for my sub...

----------------

Well well well... If the men had their beans in their pants and not in their wifes purses, it would not be a problem now would it? 2.gif

My wife has no say so in my case! So yeah, bring that sub on!

I wish some company would make a sub like they should be made... darned good, goes low with major punch, lots of power to spare, and cheap. I built a DPL-12 sealed sonosub and got an 1100WRMS amp for it... and all for less than $400. So, don't tell me that a sub cannot be made for cheap. That little sub is darned good- it has some nice reach into the sub-bass. An RSW-18 would be nice... but way too expensive for me. I want affordable.

SVS B4-Plus and a quality power amp/crossover reach in the $3500,Revel B15 is $3000,Acoustic Visions Everest and a quality power amp/crossover at least $3500.Serious subs cost $$$$ as $$$ get you compromise.

No sub under $500 cannot compete with the real deal $3000 monsters(quality and output).And finish quality,forget the BS quality finishes of too many home made jokes.I am talking SVS real wood type finish,Aerial SW12 finish here.No faux wood stickers.

My Revel B15 brutalises the cheapies and leaves them in the dust.

SO KLIPSCH are you up to the task? If not I have to buy a Acoustic Visions Everest(because trust me I will,and if I start buying SVS and Acoustic Visions subs I am not going to come back for any more Klipsch subs,RW ...LOL these are a full step back for me).

Now the jokes are over,only the very best will do,half subs with hoopla wont do.Now my small HT is full.I am looking to fill my large Dyanudio HT and only the finest will do.

Amps,I will buy whatever amp it takes (two Bryston 14B comming up).

My newly purchased Polk PSW404 and 505 sre serving with my PC along side dual Carver KS subs.Yes four subs on one PC.

WAIT WAIT WAIT hold it

KLipsch does not make a RSW18(they should),no major problem...the timing will be perfect to add dual SVS(PB2-Plus and PB2-Ultra)this year plus the awesome Paradigm Servo-2500 sub and two Paradigm Seismic units.9.gif

I will not rest,I can pack more sub.I will pack more sub.

The question is WHAT SUB IS NEXT here.16.gif

We or I don't want an RSW-18 anyway. We can by them anywhere.

I expect a horn loaded sub from Klipsch. Someone there must be creative enought to figure out the horn flare and expansion rate and a way to fold it along a wall or around the room. Maybe even sell it in a kit form, or just the plans. A couple hundred bucks for a set of plans should result in a decent profit.

----------------

On 9/10/2003 9:45:22 AM j-malotky wrote:

When we were in Indy last June. We learned that only ONE RSW-18 was built and tested, but like Trey said it was killed by Marketing.

JM

----------------

Hey I gotta solution to that. Custom order.2.gif

----------------

On 9/10/2003 9:45:22 AM j-malotky wrote:

When we were in Indy last June. We learned that only ONE RSW-18 was built and tested, but like Trey said it was killed by Marketing.

FWIW - The only RSW-18 is still in use by one lucky engineer (won't mention his name because you all will bug him now). Must be nice to have job perks like that
1.gif

JM

----------------

omg I'm so flucking jealous now 3.gif

What someone has a RSW18,and its NOT ME! DAMN

Yes like mOOn said,CUSTOM ORDER.I want my RSW18 damit.Klipsch listen up I think I am a loyal Klipscher here.

WIth all the Klipsch speakers I own and the compelte RSW series(less the RSW18 I cant find!)I deserve the RSW18.

CUSTOM ORDER

My RSW tower is missing the very foundation.The RSW18 7.gif

ok, if they knuckle under to all this e-pressure, and build this beast...then by all means make it available in trim to match the current reference line AND ALSO to match any of the current or recent heritage finishes, alright? Can you imagine all the heritage owners out there who would crawl over their mamas mashed potatos to get to this thing, if it matched their horns in performance & style?

What do you mean the wives will not allow it? That's not who you would market a sub like this to...

If it doesn't work out you have only spent a little on R & D (I hardly think producing 1 is a real effort)...if it does then HOLY MOLY, you may have one of the very best subs in the market. I think Klipsch could use that type of positive PR and word of mouth.

A little late with my comment, but, it should be called the Heritage subwoofer, with a distinction like a Velodyne 18" brute, or bagend 18" for example, with it's own destinct design as a Heritage should be.

I owned a RSW15, I wasn't impressed, nor would I buy a 18" of the same design. I would hope Klipsch's adventure into a different realm would produce something never seen before as a subwoofer, of which would be included in the Heritage family distinction, then again, I dream alot, just like a Heritage Centre channel 10.gif

• 1 month later...

I agree Klipsch needs to (should) build a sub worthy of Heritage speakers. I had a RSW-12, sounded great but not enough output or low enough to match. No desire to try the RSW-15 after owning a 12 and reading specs on a 15. I did not want to go away from Klipsch but have had to.

Comment on the KPT 684: I did try the Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-684 (2 18") in my house, I have a very large living room, 20' ceiling and 17' x 70' floor space. It is hard to fill with bass, the KPT 684 was too large (physically too), had to stand in the back of the room to get the full effect. It was very clean and powerfull in the mid-bass region but did not go near low enough. For a movie I preferred the RSW-12.

I want something to fill out my 5 La Scala for music and movies. Right now for music I am using a pair of Pro subs, Yorkville Elite SW800 18", great blend for music but also not low enough for movie watching. I am looking for the right sub... Acoustic Visions, SVS, REL, Velodyne? Not sure yet but it won't be Klipsch unless?

I like the heritage line sub idea!

Josh