OK my question is that what are the best klipsch has to offer for a 5.1

white wolf

Klipschorn (Mains), Belle or La Scala (Center), Khorns if you have four corners for (Rears), if not Belle or La Scala, Heresy II's (Surrounds/Rear Effects) If you want Klipsch subs (2) RSW-15's might do the trick for bass. If not you will need the biggest Velodyne's, Carver Sunfire's, SVS's or equivalent subwoofer(s). I hope you have a big wallet you are going to need it. Patience will also be required all the Heritage line is custom built to order and there is a waiting period. Get that order in as soon as possible. You will be blown away once you get the speakers in place trust me! 9.gif

----------------

On 9/10/2003 2:45:28 PM white wolf wrote:

i am thinking of building a home theathre on 5.1 setup. now i want Klipsch for that all of them. so whats the best klispch has to offer.

name the front pairs. the woofer. the center and the rear speaker so i should start collecting them and tell me what amplifier . I need to know the best only.

----------------

What is your budget?

dont worry about my budget. i just want all klipsch the best. hey i am hearing about thesse heritage speakers for the first time. Here in Pakistan i heard that KLF-10,20,30 are the best. downstairs in my home we have a 7.1 setup here it is:

front: klf 30 klipsch

second fronts : which come like in middle are infinity dont remember the model

center : klispch rc-7

rear : klipsch sets . three way

ksw 15 woofer with denon dts amp and stuff

I gave him what he specifically asked for, the absolute BEST Klipsch has to offer which IS the HERITAGE line, the Reference series comes 2nd thank you very much, as DougDrake has already stated.

The KLF series is no longer in production if this is the type of speaker your looking for then perhaps the Reference line is what you need to consider. Good luck getting them in Pakistan though.

----------------

On 9/10/2003 6:24:07 PM Frzninvt wrote:

I gave him what he specifically asked for, the absolute BEST Klipsch has to offer which IS the HERITAGE line, the Reference series comes 2nd thank you very much, as DougDrake has already stated.

----------------

I do agree - if you want the truly ultimate in the Klipsch, than the big Heritage - K-horn, LaScala, and Belle - in that order would be 'it'! The only real downside - you need some good corners for the K-horns, unless you are willing to build in some "false corners". Also, you need quite a bit of room to get the best out of those speakers.

However, if you don't have the room for those - than the Reference 7 speakers, namely the RF-7s all the way around, would be the next best.

As for subwoofers - well, your (directed to original poster) call. If staying with Klipsch, the RSW-15 would the top one. If willing to go outside of the Klipsch brand, then there are plenty of options. The SVS subwoofers are popular here - the B4-Plus is thier biggest, top of the line, one. Go into the powered subwoofer section and there are few thread there of interest.

As for the Legend series speakers (the KLF-(123)0, KLF-C7). Those are no longer produced. Those can still be found fairly easily on the used market, though. However, I don't know how easy it would be to get something like that shipped to Pakistan.

If money is no object, I will sell you my KSP-400's, C-6 center, and I will hunt down some S-6 surrounds for you. I will even come over and set 'em up. OR you could search for these online a bit. If you have patience, they show up on eBay about every 4 months or so. WELL worth the wait and the money.

fini

hey Frzninvt about the 5.1 setup you mentioned. i am not a biit clear on it. u mean i should keep the klipschorn as main ( pair) now center shoudl be belle OR scada and u ssaid that horns if you have corners what does that mean. what horn and what corners.i am clear about your front and center recommendation but cant figure out what u said about rear. there shoudl we a pair of rear speakers so which are the best.

and yes if i get this 5.1 setup so taht would be the best klipsch has to offer right. is the klipsch horn so good for movies and one thing i saw was that its a 1948 built whats that . have they been optimizing them since then.

man i dont get it. i am still unclear. tim your reply was totally useless.

i want a 5.1 setup now that means 6 speakers including the base woofer. i would speak in laymans terms now. Now lets say khorn for front pair two speaker and belle in center one speaker. now what speakers for rear ? thats what i wanna know. there must be 2 more speaker for rear.

What I meant was if your designated HT room has four usable corners I would use Khorns in the Front and Rear positions, a Khorn would be very difficult to use in the center position since it requires corner loading that is why I recommended the Belle or La Scala for that position. Most rooms do not have four ideal corners hence my recommendation for Belle Klipsch or La Scala's in the rear. So if you have four perfect corners in this room I would use Khorns Front and Rear, this would indeed be the absolute best set up. I would still recommend Heresy II's as the rear effects/surround speakers. In fact I have this very same setup minus the Khorns in the rear since my room does not have four ideal corners. I hope that this satisfactorily answers your question.

If you purchase these speakers on the used market you will save a ton of money, however matching the finish type and sonic signature sometimes becomes a bit of an issue. It will take patience to assemble such a system, but well worth the wait. Running an all Heritage HT brings the experience to a whole other level. Music also sounds fantastic running in 7 channel stereo as well.

thanks a lot man. Now i got it. SO the best thing is the khorn in front and in the rear and a belle in the center. Excellent pretty simple too. i will order these speakers.

whats like the price range for brand new and can you give a brief expalanation of your experience when you heared the khorn. what do u feel. how superior are they. when did you first heard them.