Serial Number lookup

davidmac

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody

i just got me a pair of RP-8000F II ,  but they don't seem to have a serial number on them (only on the boxes)

is this normal?

EDIT 8 jan 24: they are on the bottom of the speakers 🙂

Edited by Noge
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, AtDareCook said:

Hi, does anyone have insight into these?

type: HWO

serial: 705915

thank you!

That first 5 is actually an S.  Armed with that info, this thread will tell you all you need to know:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/212916-klipsch-heritage-series-historical-reference-data-v4-–-27-january-2016-by-groomlakearea51-with-additional-information-from-the-historian/

🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OO1 said:

1978 Heresy Walnut oiled veneer , K-77 Alnico-K-55 Alnico midrange-K-700 metal horn , K-22 square magnet woofer , E network , all wood cabinet Made in Hope Arkansas 

Randy, I’m really encouraging people to click the link and read and learn.  We all know that you know more about Klipsch than most people.  Sometimes it’s ok to guide people to the information instead of just spewing it all out.  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jimidontknow said:

trying to figure out what the difference is between. SW SUB 12 hgb 120v. And the SUB 12 120v. does anyone have an idea?

Yes welcome...you will get more chance of an answer in the technical section below, even the subwoofer section.

Good luck...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Klipsch Cornerhorn that Paul Klipsch used as a prototype (works)  for the 1953? 54 Chicago Wolds fair with newspaper clippings and drawings signed by him.. Worder how to sell and what its worth.??.

Also have two Cornerhorns , not sure year that must be 40 years old.. serial # LF 88104408.

4 hours ago, MartinACAB said:

I have a Klipsch Cornerhorn that Paul Klipsch used as a prototype (works)  for the 1953? 54 Chicago Wolds fair with newspaper clippings and drawings signed by him.. Worder how to sell and what its worth.??.

Also have two Cornerhorns , not sure year that must be 40 years old.. serial # LF 88104408.

For the first one, value would be extremely difficult to pinpoint due to the rarity and provenance.  Many have donated speakers like that to the Klipsch Museum for a tax deduction.

The second pair were made in ‘88 (first 2 numbers of the serial #).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

For the first one, value would be extremely difficult to pinpoint due to the rarity and provenance.  Many have donated speakers like that to the Klipsch Museum for a tax deduction.

Cool Thank you!

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Maybe we can find a buyer for the Prototype that works fine from the Chicago fair in 195?? If its that rare? why give away?? Already contacted Museum... they are stewing?

• 4 weeks later...

Good day,

I am looking at some speakers for sale with the following information….just trying to make sure they are legit, and not counterfeit Klipsch speakers.  Can anyone provide any insight?

Here are the numbers provided:

P/N: 09000431121

QRT OAK OIL

S/N: 108944 & 10945

W/O: 22760 (this may be “22/6U” it’s hard to read on the label.)

the label says manufactured by Klipsch and associates 

P.O. Box 688 

Hope, Arkansas 71801

Anything special I should be considering or aware of with these speakers?  Appreciate all of your collective wisdom!

3 hours ago, Ajzigz said:

Good day,

I am looking at some speakers for sale with the following information….just trying to make sure they are legit, and not counterfeit Klipsch speakers.  Can anyone provide any insight?

QRT OAK OIL

P.O. Box 688 

Hope, Arkansas 71801

Anything special I should be considering or aware of with these speakers?  Appreciate all of your collective wisdom!

I’ll ask you one question: have you or anyone you know ever bought what ended up being counterfeit Klipsch speakers?

5 hours ago, Ajzigz said:

Good day,

QRT OAK OIL

P.O. Box 688 

Hope, Arkansas 71801

Pics? I mean it seems to be Quartets. Pics would help. Those of us that have owned them will help. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

S/N 044-3919-1966 Chorus II.

They are mine, but I can't remember what year in the 80's or so we bought them. It says copyright 1989 on them, but I can't place buying them in 89.  Feel like it was early 90's. Any ideas? I remember the cats we had, so I'm thinking it might have been in the 80's but more likely '90's. They are the clear oak with #19 grill, Gorgeous, old blond oak speakers. Excellent shape except a bit of wear and tear from moving. But for 35 years, pristine. 

many years ago I spent a lot of money on a set of Klipsch speakes  they are in a light oak cabinet, approx 31" tall, approx 13.5" wide and the plate says approx 4.2kg   SN is 105297250  THAT is all , no model, no date, nothing.  would anyone have access to SN look ups for these?  wattage, model,  are they part of a new model lineup?  year?  anything is appreciated.

thank you

5 hours ago, komori said:

many years ago I spent a lot of money on a set of Klipsch speakes  they are in a light oak cabinet, approx 31" tall, approx 13.5" wide and the plate says approx 4.2kg   SN is 105297250  THAT is all , no model, no date, nothing.  would anyone have access to SN look ups for these?  wattage, model,  are they part of a new model lineup?  year?  anything is appreciated.

thank you

The model is KG 4.2, not the weight.  😄