I'll Be Back - See You Tomorrow

garymd

I'll be shutting down shortly. I'm not as bold as Kelly. I've got all my cords running to my generator along with my submersible pump and tarps where my basement sometimes leaks. It's starting to rain pretty hard now and the wind is picking up quickly.

We've got plenty of food and water and probably my brother and his family coming over soon.

I just spoke to my son and he and all his friends are sitting around getting trashed while waiting for the worst. As expected.

Good luck to everyone in the path of Isabel and I'll be back when I can. 1.gif

Am I over-reacting?2.gif

----------------

On 9/18/2003 1:36:58 PM garymd wrote:

I'll be shutting down shortly. I'm not as bold as Kelly. I've got all my cords running to my generator along with my submersible pump and tarps where my basement sometimes leaks. It's starting to rain pretty hard now and the wind is picking up quickly.

We've got plenty of food and water and probably my brother and his family coming over soon.

I just spoke to my son and he and all his friends are sitting around getting trashed while waiting for the worst. As expected.

Good luck to everyone in the path of Isabel and I'll be back when I can.
1.gif

Am I over-reacting?
2.gif

----------------

Best to you gary and your family. Be safe, be careful. There's a quad awaiting.

Peace and wishes for no damage.

Win

REO Speedwagon? Another one comes out of the closet! heh....

Gary, you can take solice in the fact that this beast is now moving over 25mph which will make it a lot better for you as it wont sit too long.

Hey Moon, you watching the Weather Channel and the shots of the Outer Banks? Looks pretty hairy to me as the storm surge went over the island in many places. MAny parts of 12 are underwater and 158 is also covered many places. There are reports that it's the worst flooding there in over 50 years. CBS has some good footage as well.

AGain, our beach had hurricane force winds at times but since it was OFFSHORE, we were spared much of the water damage. It was a great show here but the loons a few miles to the north werent as lucky.

kh

mobile homeless

Na... i am watching live coverage over the internet here at work. Actually what I am watching/listening to while I work appears to be more of live behind the scenes of the reporters themselves...

I have heard them curse, whistle and chat amungst themselves and do pre recording of bits for various different news channels.

I wish I could find something more interesting. However I did know of the one death in Virgina before they even reported it... The news anchor was talking to one of his informants about it. That was about 30 minutes ago, they JUST now reported the death in a pre recorded news bit.

Well, I, for one, have absolutely no plans to yield so much as an inch to this storm. I'm staying put; I'm leaving all of my equipment connected; I plan to use my equipment as if there are no hurricanes anywhere; in other words, thumb my nose at nature's fury and conduct business as usual. BTW, I'm in southern Arizona.9.gif