Another site with lots of tube guys

m00n

I have been a member of the audiokarma forum for around 6 months. Nice forum but is not nearly as active as the klipsch forum.They seem very dedicated to vintage units.

They also have a chat room that hardly nobody uses, I wish a bunch of us would pick out one night a week and go over there and chat for a while.

Just visited Audiokarma and noticed a new member named Deang just joined.

----------------

On 10/26/2003 7:02:17 PM fini wrote:

There's even a guy named m00n there...looks a lot like ours, too!

fini

----------------

hehe.. Yeah, right after my very first post, there was a reply to me asking me to change my username. There's a guy there by the name of moondog or something very similar, he asked that I change my name because a lot of people can him moon for short. Said I would thinking about it as polietly as I could, but I just don't wanna change my name. Been using it for a long time and use it all sites I go to.4.gif

heh, not to mention I have my own domain of m00n.net

I have been lurking and posting there for over a week now and they all seem like a good bunch of folks over there.

----------------

On 10/26/2003 8:28:19 PM m00n wrote:

heh, not to mention I have my own domain of m00n.net

----------------

You need a bit more content on your web page. An Under constuction page - I thought your HT room was the only thing under construction.1.gif

As for the new forum, I too like the vintage SS posts on that site.

JM

Thank you, m00n ol' buddy. Now I'm registered at AudioKarma.org and have posted on their McIntosh and Tube forums...as if I don't spend enough time on the Klipsch forums, now I have to start all over again and build up my post count on yet another audio forum (I hate being a forum newbie). Good thing I have a Bright House cable modem...I can stay logged on to both Klipsch and AK forums and bounce back to either site between posts!

So far I've only seen DeanG's posts on AK, but I've only been an AK BB member for about an hour...Wonder how many Klipsch forum members will also add AK to their list of fun things to occupy their entire evenings doing?

----------------

On 10/27/2003 1:00:58 AM jt1stcav wrote:

Thank you, m00n ol' buddy.

----------------

Oh sure, I hope it turns out to be a great place for all you tube guys to hang out. Well, it's not just for tube guys.

Maybe we can get them to come here and turn more people onto klipsch. 1.gif

I've been registered there for a few months. Even posted, though I think I used my REAL name (Gregg), not fini (as assigned by the witness protection program).

From what I have seen, most of the guys over there are more into big ol' solid state stuff from the 70's than tube gear. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. There are some very knowlegeable posters there. One guy (Don McR, I think?) who knows tons about JBL (as I recall...where's my coffee???).

fini

Uh, Gregg (can I call you that?)...if you go to the Tube Audio Forum, there's only bottleheads there (except for me, natch). If you go to the McIntosh Audio Forum, only McLanders reside there (my new home away from home). Oh, and if you click on to the Vintage Solid State Forum, guess what? And I quote from your last post:

"...most of the guys over there are more into big ol' solid state stuff from the 70's than tube gear."

Duhhh!!6.gif

fini, I'm just bustin' yer chops, man!9.gif

----------------

On 10/27/2003 4:41:22 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Uh, Gregg (can I call you that?)...if you go to the Tube Audio Forum, there's only bottleheads there (except for me, natch). If you go to the McIntosh Audio Forum, only McLanders reside there (my new home away from home). Oh, and if you click on to the Vintage Solid State Forum, guess what? And I quote from your last post:

"...most of the guys over there are more into big ol' solid state stuff from the 70's than tube gear."

Duhhh!!
6.gif

fini, I'm just bustin' yer chops, man!
9.gif

----------------

Jim, Yes I've seen the various forums. It just seemed that most (not all) there were into the 70's vintage thing. Certainly more than here. I have that ol' Mac 1900, so I guess I can at least view the contents of the McIntosh forum...AND the Vintage SS forum too!!

fini