Klipsch - where is the new THX system?

kenratboy

Good question,where is the Klipsch THX new system?

And I wanted new PC speakers,I am still waiting for the new Klipsch THX set. 1.gif

Serious,if I like how it sounds as a whole,I may get the whole set.I will not replace my full bore RF7/RC7/RF5/RSW speakers but replace my Totem PC speakers with the THX.

Come on Klipsch,at least if you make me wait make sure the dual 12" subs can pound out 120dB at 31.5Hz(at least).

I want more Klipsch

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, thanks for the info.

When will the info, specs, etc. be posted on the web site? Think we can get a sneak peak (as in, a link on the forum, but not a page on the website, a 'hidden' page that would not be viewable from the product page)? I'll give you a (looks around desk) Swingline stapler!

----------------

On 11/9/2003 12:08:45 AM trey cannon wrote:

I have been doing most of the testing on this system. I cant wait until this is outthese things rock!
The sub drivers them self can take over 600Watts each, and thats free air ran with pink noise.
----------------

You must enjoy going to work. 9.gif - I want a job where I am doing 'business' stuff, but can also play with cool toys.

How big are the mid/woofers and the horn driver? 5.25" woofs and 1.75" tweeter?

----------------

On 11/9/2003 2:21:51 PM damonrpayne wrote:

So, are these higher performing than the Reference series?
----------------

I would ASSUME (educate guess here) that it will be like having RB-75's or better on all channels and like having 2 RSW-12's or better (it has 2 subs by default.) It should be amazing, Klipsch had to spend a lot of money to get it THX certified, and I am sure it will need to stand out.

Isn't the Bose Wave Radio THX Certified? 9.gif

I'm sure signature wise, it would match with the rest of Reference just fine, but what would be the point? This is a complete system, and should be purchased that way. I am curious about the subs however in comparison to the RSW series.

Hey Bob, Klipsch needs to slow down. Too many products, and not not information to help customers make an informed choice. I'm pretty savvy with this stuff, but I'm not sure how the average customer goes about deciding the best path for them. How does something like this fit in with Reference? Maybe primarily asthetics and placement issues?

It's certainly interesting that something like in the picture would get THX Certification, when I'm pretty sure a pair of RF-7's, RC-7, and RSW-15 would pretty much bury it.

Everything Klipsch makes is "high performance", especially compared with most of the stuff out there. Now, this only speculation on my part, but the lenses look to be same size as those used in the RF-7 and RB-75, and they probably use the same driver. So, based on that, I would think the four 10's and two 8's (RF-7's and RC-7's) would generate higher output with lower distortion levels compared to what I'm seeing in the pic.