Where's the Jubilee?

Tony Reed

As far as advertising goes, some of Klipsch's old ads are classics. I'd say maybe bettered by old VW beetle ads but no other company's ads come to mind that were superior. I'd use the old ads over again or modify them just a little.

BUT, Heritage is a whole different thing than computer speakers and Bose speakers and those types. With Heritage, most of Klipsch's cost is in labor. The Hope factory is essentially a wood-working shop, or was when I visited years ago.

With these little baby speakers that are all the rage, the labor cost is minimal. I'd bet Bose spends 10 times as much on advertising as they do in stamping out their products.

Klipsch could not put that kind of money into advertising Heresy, for instance, without making the Heresy a $5000 speaker.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hey you guys have you wonder,d why KLIPSCH LLC has,nt fazed out the Heritage line? Be cause they cant. Why? It surely aint high demand. Why? I believe some one else has Klipsch by the SKRONK. Can you guess who? And the JUBILLE was not included in the agreement. Think hard guys."

Maron,

For those of us not as familiar with company dealings would you please shed some light on who has Klipsch obligated to continue to carry the Heritage line?

Thank you.

Austin

Some of you sound hostile and paranoid, there is a name for that ...

You can b!tch and whine about profit and high volumes sales all you want, but it's what fuels a company. You want to see the Jubilee, and the rest of Heritage survive -- then you better hope Klipsch keeps selling a hell of lot of Synergy and Reference. What, you think it makes sense to keep the whole thing going -- facilities, employees, etc -- so they can build a dozen pair a year? Sales have to exceed the money invested by the company to justify production. You guys think Klipsch should incur losses indefinitely to support a memory? I say it's time to sh!t or get off the pot. Take an aggressive marketing approach and see what happens -- or shelve them. See the thread in two-channel for some neat ideas that are being bounced around.

• Klipsch Employees

(from Gill) Let me make some observations.

Some of us had the honor of visiting Hope earlier this century and hear Jubilee's (bass bin) in the theater there. (And met PWK, his wife, and many of the good crew; many thanks to all who make it possible.)

It can't be said with certainty that what we heard is what PWK poses with in the picture. Probably so, as far as the bass bin.

Gill, there were only one pr. of finished Jubilee speaker. THe speaker you see PWK standing next to is one that you heard. The difference is the speaker in the PIC Horn is just pretty. It did not work. No driver on it...

What we heard was the same LF with a pro composit horn and the B&C driver.

BobG - "Our typical dealers do not have the sales environment necessary to sell Heritage speakers and they also lack the associated components to make them sound their best. Like trying to sell Ferraris at a Chevy store. This is not a condemnation of our dealers, but rather the reality of the market. The Jubilee is indeed a finished, or very nearly finished design. Just a few minor cosmetic tweaks would be left to complete IF we had a channel through which to sell them."

Bob, although you may be in a legitimate dilemma, your analogy doesn't quite ring true. They have had this thing in Chevy stores for years, called the Corvette. Not a practical car, and priced out of reach for most. If your target price-point is where you said, the Jubilee is no Ferrari. More like a Corvette. What's all the fuss about? Are you trying to imply that there is no way it can be added to the Heritage "Order Only" line? You aren't mainstream marketing Heritage anyway, so why not add one more speaker? One that just might ignite a Klipsch spark? At the very least, its a good place to start. Forget the fact that you should offer it simply as a legacy to PWK. I'm quite sure you wouldn't lose money. The Jubilee pictured with PWK is a thing of beauty, a work of art. It cries out to be seen and heard. Personally, I don't find the Khorn all that much to look at, not for the price. But when I saw the picture posted of PWK with the Jubilee, my heart started pumping. I called my wife over to show her, even she thought it was beautiful. I want to reserve a pair, for next Christmas. I have some pennies to save! What if Chevrolet had killed the Corvette? There would be a big empty spot in my garage! Don't leave two big empty spots in my living room!!! PLEASE!!!

----------------

On 11/16/2003 10:20:56 PM DeanG wrote:

So many good posts in this thread, and in all of them is something I agree with -- which saved me a lot key strokes.

I don't think Klipsch needs a spin off company, but something like "The Klipsch Custom Shop" would be a good idea. Since Heritage are basically special order items anyway -- just announce them as such.

The Klipsch Home Page should always have a picture of a Klipschorn, Belle, or LaScala on it. The page should be redesigned with more pictures highlighting the different lines. People
love
pictures. Currently, Heritage is all but invisible, and you know what they say -- "Out of sight, out of mind". I think it's the kiss of death from a marketing perspective. The more exposure the better.

Klipsch needs to increase sales volume to support future projects. If they can't do it with Reference or Heritage, they should do it with Synergy. Klipsch should start by offering Synergy in a variety of vinyl finishes. Some people like black, but not eveyone -- I sure don't. There is nothing worse than trying to make your black box stand out when it's sitting with all the other black boxes. A speaker that looks good, sounds better. I'm telling you, the average consumer walks into Best Buy, sees all that crap, and just says -- "Where's the Bose?"

A little bit of advertising wouldn't hurt either. I would actually stay away from the audio and video magazines, and I think Klipsch should seriously consider advertising in Newsweek, Time, and some of the other weekly magazines. One good paragraph, with carefully chosen verbiage, devoid of hype, and some premium photography -- would pay huge dividends. I think you can be aggressive without being obnoxious.

Maybe Paul Klipsch didn't want as much of the market as JBL, or present day Bose, and certainly cared more about putting out a quality product. OTOH, I don't think PK wanted Klipsch going back to working out of that shack he started in either.

At any rate, we, the "Elite" Klipschters sure are noble aren't we? We be the diehards. We bleed Klipsch. With that in mind, let me ask you something:

When was the last time you bought a new set of Heritage from Klipsch instead of eBay?
----------------

73' vert CWs, 75'Horz CW's, 73' Heresy,......and in 93' new Heresy 2's.....What is left?

TC