where is the Jubilee/final word IMO

avman

----------------

On 11/13/2003 6:33:58 PM TBrennan wrote:

You'll never see a home Jubilee, never. Believe me. The Hoosier Garage Door King has no interest in selling such a product.

You Klipsch guys oughta be buying the pro-sound and motion picture theater speakers, like the Altec and JBL guys have always done. Those are the only products Klipsch is now making of interest to a fanatical horny. I imagine one of those theater speakers with the double 15 bassbin and large-format driver on the big tractrix horn would sound very good.
----------------

You'll never see a home Jubilee........

T, you got that right. I feel that the memory, the efforts and design of PWK are being flushed. That pisses me off, but I will continue to view this BB because of it's members. (although some of us might be dropped due to our comments)

The King is dead....Long live the King....and for the love of money (and quick turnover)

To repeat myself.....IndyKlipsch, consider changing the name of the company...

Terry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the efforts and design of PWK are being flushed"

Very true and it hits a point,where is the Klipsch pride? Flushed and more cheapo garbage is marketed as real deal Klipsch,its not,those tiny Klipsch sats are not true Klipsch.Just have a Klipsch badge,the are no better than other brands and give the wrong image of the real deal Klipsch PWK created.

Sad,cheapo not made in the USA CRAP and poor excuses = more compact CRAP

Klipsch should make some large speakers and release true reference products.And shine again,real full horn loaded speakers.Who cares Joe Blow will not like them,screw the B0$e peeps.Klipsch is not about small and cute CRAP,Klipsch is about FULL SCALE and UNCOMPRESSED MAJESTY.And this requires LARGE speakers,large speakers like the one in the pic above with PWK.

the EAR-

first, let me say my Klipsch speakers look like small-to-medium-sized refrigerators, but big speakers are the best sounding (AND i happen to like the way those big speakers look w/real wood veneer)10.gif

having said that,being in the buisiness,small speakers/satellite speakers are the ONLY choice for some(wives)people2.gif

the ref sats by Klipsch are some of THE BEST sat speakers i've heard.

i don't begrudge Klipsch for what they are building, the problem i am concerned about is them loosing sight of what they CAN BUILD/HAVE BUILT, and leaving the legacy of Mr.Paul behind.

heritage speakers in a showroom, and as a company 'flagship' and, in the case of the jubilee-a TRIBUTE to Mr.Paul's genius and ability-should be displayed,sold and PROMOTED by klipsch and its dealers.

it shows people the type of speaker COMPANY the product comes from.

in other words, if they can build something like this, and granted-they won't be appropriate for most people, then maybe their other product is worth listening to/purchasing.

Mr.Paul made it clear in my quote that QUALITY was more important to him than MARKET SHARE. i understand the reality of buisiness, but klipsch must NOT stray too far from this ideal.

i absolutely feel that their current product is one-up on most other speakers in the same price-point. i demo them every day against other speakers like energy/veritas,JBL, and (ahem) Bose.

i just want them to realise that they are standing on the shoulders of a GIANT, Mr. Paul Klipsch, and that he made it clear what he wanted for the company he started.

build the jubilee, and NEVER leave the heritage series behind. without it,K&A has NO foundation.

avman.

This also brings to mind how Ford is now producing a new supercar to compete with Ferrari and the like. This is a quote from a news article I read. "This is not something we are going to generate a lot of profit from. We just wanted to show the world we could still do it." Amazingly similar situation, no? Except in this case, you do have quite the potential to generate a good chunk of profit.

Question to the moderators.

If the picture of PWK and the Jubilee is only 2 years old, and it was said in the other Jubilee thread (by moderator) that "Klipsch can't find a way to sell the Jubilee", then why did Klipsch have the old man continue to persue the project?

Didn't marketing already know there was no home market? Surely the picture depicts a home speaker like the Khorn?

Sounds like as soon as the old man was out of the way, the direction changed.

Sounds like if he was still there, there would be a Jubilee in the Heritage line up.

Now it looks like the Jubilee is just used for vapor ware marketing.

How come PWK kept designing Heritage products if Klipsch marketing says they can't be sold?

Why? A little riff in the family???

Most people experiencing the accomplishment of the KHorn do so through a derivative, such as the Cornwall, Forte, Chorus, etc.

A 2-way acoustic solution was something Paul, and his company always worked to achieve. There are numerous implementations of that work: Epic and Reference are probably two peaks of those efforts.

I don't understand why people who are so interested in a Jubilee, are not more interested in the Jubilee's history .. and legacy, the Epic and Reference speakers.

leok

----------------

On 11/14/2003 1:45:32 PM avman wrote:

p.h.s.-

EXACTLY what i am talking about!! + ford might sell more mustangs because of the supercar.

avman.

----------------

Another point. "Man, that speaker sounds great, but I really don't know if I can afford it... What else does Klipsch make?" "Step over into the reference demo room."

'nough said.4.gif

TBrennan,

That is part of my point. Some people, me included, can't fit a horn-loaded bass speaker in their listening rooms (or house, period, in my case). I see the various Klipsch 3-way designs, such as Cornwall, and Chorus as adaptations of the KHorn to smaller bass systems, and am continuing that analogy over to the Klipsch 2-way designs that adapt the Jubilee ideal down to smaller implementations, such as Epic and Reference, that people like me can also utilize.

I tried, for the better part of a year, to find a pair of the larger Epic speakers, and finally decided most of them have found appreciative owners, and, there aren't that many to begin with.

The RF-7s have responded well to a few improvements (and very many owners of legacy Klipsch speakers add a tweak or two where Klipsch originally cut cost). I've improved crossover components and removed what I thought was a peak in the horn response. 'm about to make another pass at horn caps, this time using PIOs (having had so much succes with PIOs in my Chorus-IIs. The end result can be very successful with certain types of music. And if people are so anxious to get their hands on a Klipsch 2-way product, well, it's not that they don't exist.

leo

Leo,

Thanks for mentioning the Epic series. When I read your post I was thinking... Epic? what's that. Couldn't recall reading any other mention of this line. Went out and looked at products on the main page and found them. They were certainly short lived in their production. Perhaps this would have been different if Klipsch had the "big daddy" available for the high dollar purchasers and available for a listen to those folks who would purchase down the line.

Your point about the Khorn selling the less than top end Heritage speakers is well taken.

I have to agree with Avman. Pwk only cared about quality and what he could do to make it better. what i don't agree with is that the dealers that do carry the heritage line have to sell a certain amount of the "new stuff" before they can even think about selling the heritage line. the bottom line is that Klipsch does not want to sell the heritage line. The general idea is to sell the new stuff with Pwk's reputation behind it. Some of the smoke that is coming from Indy these days reminds me of a little bright yellow button!11.gif

DeanG

Don't take this the wrong way. But I've known Pwk since I was 9 years old. Can you say that you know him personally? I have at least one of each of the heritage line in my house. So,,,,uh yeah right, I do live in reality every day. I grew up watching, breathing , and living around Pwk and what he stood for. Gadfly hit it pretty close. I'm not sure about the smoke trail, but i can say that the heritage line is reality for me. For me the newer products just don't have that same sound.

You misunderstood my sarcasm. I meant no disrespect.

PK was not only an engineer, but also a business man, right? Sure, Heritage was built around "quality", but I think we all need to agree here that they were built to meet price points. Certainly the drivers were/are not to be used to represent the pinnacle of performance -- or "quality".