PWK and the Jubilee

Parrot

pwkandjubilee1.jpg

Since some of you guys never make it out of 2-channel, I wanted to call your attention to a couple of threads over in General Questions, concerning Paul Klipsch's last creation, and why it probably will never be produced. It's a sad tale and not for the weak-hearted.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Jubilee is a better speaker than a KHorn then to my way of thinking this is a no brainer.

This would be the new flagship product of the range. Its mere existance would boost the sales of the rest of the range (akin to the 801 for B&W or even the M1 for BMW).

Aside from the image boosting aspects I think sales, Globally, would be more than sufficent to justify its existance.

IMHO this is a product that Klipsch needs - now. It could be THE product that resurrects Klipsch as synonymous with High End in the US (according to BobG in the thread in the General Forum it does not have the Kudos and Cache right now of some of the more esoteric offerings, in the US).

Frankly - I wouldnt mind the job of promoting / selling them - hell I could even organise to get them built in (or very near) Europe.

In a world where speakers are routinly listed for 50, 100 or even 250,000, I think there is room and a niche market for the Jubilee. Look at all of us aging, empty nest baby boomers who came of age in awe of PWK. Would I buy a pair today? Not in my current status. In two years? Maybe. Until then I guess I'll just have to suffer with my Klipschorns.2.gif

Rick

----------------

On 11/14/2003 8:27:57 AM paulparrot wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/pwkandjubilee1.jpg">

Since some of you guys never make it out of 2-channel, I wanted to call your attention to a couple of threads over in General Questions, concerning Paul Klipsch's last creation, and why it probably will never be produced. It's a sad tale and not for the weak-hearted.

----------------

Hello:

This picture proves to me that it should be made, but only using the quality of materials and parts along with the Q.C. PWK would have approved of. Now if that was Fred in the picture do you think there would be any question as to whether or not it would be made?

Win dodger

Guys,

I have heard it and it's very good! I doubt if it will ever be made though. Klipsch is to much into the home theater business. The high-end audiophile market is drying up. They still build the Khorn becasue of its "hertiage". It's a legond of sorts!

Fact is, the woofer section is made as part of the industrial line. A DIY type could easily merge that with a good high end, like and Altec 811b horn and 902 driver for a super 2-way system. I know somebody who would be happy to make the crossover network for the project! 2.gif

Al K.

The whole thing doesn't make sense. The old man was working on Heritage style speakers (Jubilee) right to the end, right? If the marketing dept. knew they had no market, why have the project continue (PWK marketing vapor ware?) Was the home version of the jubilee just a concept creation?

Or was it that once the big guy was finished, the young'uns changed the game and shelved it to concentrate on the more modern profitable marketplace? Something tells me today's management sees very modest future in Heritage products.

Or is it being saved for a grand opening of some sort?

Paul Klipsch hadn't controlled the company for a long time. But I'm sure the powers-that-be didn't mind if he wanted to work on something. And the theatre version of the Jubilee is a reality.

According to posts in the various Jubilee threads, however, the home version barely made it to prototype stage. And that's the one that arouses more interest for people who don't want industrial gear in their living rooms.

All in all, though, Paul left this world in the midst of designing and refining a new speaker. Maybe that was better for him than having to slog through compromises in production requirements, quality control, parts cost, et cetera as a very elderly man.

----------------

On 11/14/2003 6:23:23 PM Al Klappenberger wrote:

Guys,

I have heard it and it's very good! I doubt if it will ever be made though. Klipsch is to much into the home theater business. The high-end audiophile market is drying up. They still build the Khorn becasue of its "hertiage". It's a legond of sorts!

----------------

I would hate to imagine that Klipsch thinks the high-end market is a dying breed, and that HT is the only lucrative business left in audio. Don't tell that to all the high-end audio manufacturers still out there building their fine components, or to the firms that still build tube components and high-end turntables! And don't tell that to all the audiophiles that still buy this specialty gear.

The Jubilee needs to be built, even if only in a limited edition run. If Avantgarde can be successful in the audiophile market, then I imagine the Klipsch Jubilee can succeed as well. To pay a fitting tribute to PWK and his legendary designs, then his last great testament that is the Jubilee has every right to become known to the audiophile community (no matter how small). And no, it should never replace the Heritage Series Klipschorn!

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!

The commercial version is a three way, with the mid horn using a 12" and a 3" compression driver, the HF section using the same compression driver. They don't list the crossover freq. on the literature page.

Marvel