Where all the vintage audio went

mike stehr

bill youre right it is!

I don't think he listens to a lot of those systems very loud. If you look at the speakers he has delicate knick knacks on top of each one. I put framed photos on my khorns and they vibrated right off.

I think his collection is pretty cool but the way he has it crammed into each room doesn't really work for me. He seems to be trying to have a home and a listening room all in one. That doesn't appear to be working well there.

Those asians love their vintage gear!6.gif

Remind me again where I can see this kind of cultural museum or preservation or even a better one in the good old USA? Certainly we treasure our own various cultural heritages as much or more and have displays like this, I just momentarily forgot the address here in the USA. Please post addresses and directions for getting there.

Also is there a museum where I can go to see and here any and all the the great recordings made here in the US throughout history? I think it would be fun and rewarding to go there. Anyone else been there?

C&S

Actually I thought the Bull Terrier WAS a bit much dear boy - Must one always flaunt one's wealth !

AKA It looks to me that the lads got enough to satisfy his yen and ain't embarrased about doing it! He oviously has a passion for collecting and shows damned good taste.

Japanese typically have much smaller rooms than those shown. Think college dorm size or smaller. The rooms pictured are huge compared to most Japanese rooms, and even so don't provide adequate breathing room for the monster speakers. All that great stuff and no place to put it!

PP, Amen. I've been to Japan about 30 times for extended stays and sometimes the biggest decision of the day is where to put your suitcase. That decision will affect your lifestyle while visiting there.

One thing that the Japanese do so well is to balance function with beauty. It is easy to have a conversion about engineering and aesthetics in parallel. They get it.

I would guess though that Klipschorns would not be a candidate for 98% of Japanese homes.

I let our sheltie pick out the CDs we play most of the time. I still don't let him put the CD in the player though, because it is a slimline version and only three inches below the AES. I draw the line when his eyes start glowing red and he wants to play Aphrodite's Child "666" for hours on end.