When Audio turns into a fist fight....................

Cut-Throat

""I honestly think the modern 'Audiophile-grade' (what a stupid term)risers are modeled after those old glass ones. I could also throw several on the potter's wheel at school that would do the trick (if their is a trick to be done). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hand thrown anti-capacitance interconnect risers -- which I would call 'HTACIRs.' The name alone should easily add $250 to the asking price! The cost of the amount of clay used for a set of 6 or 8 would prabably be in the range of $3.00. Maybe I should stop teaching!?""

Go for it! I might be a little dusty, but I'm pretty sure I can still throw a good pot. Hell, something like a insulator would be easy.

Lordy.....i'm also 6'3", 106lbs.

Must be the size of genius.

Ha Ha.

Can't comment on risers, but I could see where it might make theoretical sense.

It seems that a cables' dialectric will discharge faster when in static contact with any other surface than in free air.

Makes sense considering nature of carpet and it's ability to contain a charge.

Thus, elevating it from that surface should maintain a state of dialectric charge longer.

And as we all know, dialectic saturation relates directly to and is defined as cable burn in.

And maintaining that state is essential to clean signal transfer.

Obviously, the longer you can maintain that supersaturated state, the better.

If elevation helps, then what the heck.

It's a cheap mod.

Of course, to believe the above suggestion, one has to first believe in such craziness.

I do.

Then again...it no secret.

I am crazy.

Regards,

John.

Ha Ha.

Yep.

I can't imagine being 106lbs and hualing around 105lbs RF7s.

Wow.

But...where there's a will, there's a way.

Before I got into audio, I was roughly 185lbs.

After a few years of dragging around Klipsch speakers and 70s SS gear, I gained 20lbs.

And not fat...I must say.

I call it, "Body by Stereo"

Regards,

John.

Wow.... I have had it all wrong all these years. Instead of risers, I ran my wires low...... as in under the floor & into the garage. I figured that the colder temps plus the downhill run would help the signal flow more than anything else.

Then again... maybe I was just trying to hide the wires.1.gif

I guess I should make it clear that all of this (at least as far as I'm concerned)is 100% not real. I had gotten so tired of building and trying different kinds and 'geometries' of cable, that I don't even think about them anymore. Probably one or two here remember when I used to use common Romex for speaker cable, which honestly, truly, genuinely worked well. Some of the best coax interconnect I ever used came from a construction site near our house, and provided a few pair of totally functional shielded wire. The most expensive connectors I have ever used are from Radio Shack.

I think those old insulators are neat, but I just haven't gone to the length of going to the trouble of getting some because it sounds like such a 'nutty' idea to me. Their phyical shape made me think that they might work for the cable riser thing, but the whole idea just began to sound so improbable. Who knows, maybe I'm really missing something!

...and then there was the PhD degreed nuclear(or nucular, depending on your pronunciation) engineer who had read that supercooled wires greatly enhanced wire conductance properties. He took three dewers of liquid nitrogen and built copper receiver lines, then threw the monster cable runs inside and hooked up all the hoses and wires.

Firing the stereo up, he heard glorious sound - for three days he was having a religious experience. Only he forgot that copper pipes also conduct thermal energy, so he froze his water pipe, which burst and blew his whole house electrical, caused a fire, and ruined much of what he and the wife had in the basement.

His second religious experience was much shorter and more intense.11.gif

I used several vintage McIntosh SS amps, stacked on top of each other in an X-pattern in perfect 90 degree angles with the cables exactly in the middle of the X (so I was told), as cable risers but I can only hear about 3% improvement in sound quality. Frankly, I think it's a waste of money since those vintage McIntoshes are pretty expensive (it costs me $1,200 per amp) and hard to come by.

It seems that a cables' dialectric will discharge faster when in static contact with any other surface than in free air.

Makes sense considering nature of carpet and it's ability to contain a charge.

Thus, elevating it from that surface should maintain a state of dialectric charge longer.

And as we all know, dialectic saturation relates directly to and is defined as cable burn in.

And maintaining that state is essential to clean signal transfer.

Obviously, the longer you can maintain that supersaturated state, the better.

If elevation helps, then what the heck.

It's a cheap mod.

While this could easily be taken for common sense reasoning! The same end could be achieved by jacking up the humidity in your home to eliminate the static charge! So I have a new tweak I just can not figure a way to market it darn! Raise the humidity to exactly 62.9739% and you will hear an almost unbelievable difference! If you want more bass drop it to eactly 59.9541%, want more detail well thats easy raise it to 69.4512% . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

----------------

On 12/6/2003 3:34:35 AM mobile homeless wrote:

That's not the only thing you had wrong all these years,

But it sure is less compelling then this act of acumen....

----------------

Kelly.... That was actually the truck that came to help me.....so I was not the only one with a keen insight that day!

im006555.jpg

Besides.... This was another test. I wanted to see if the truck stereo sounded better while firmly planted in the mud. It didn't