Picture of my homemade oak scott cabinet.

arfz28

I have built a total of 5 of these cabinets, I am wanting to sell 2 or 3 of them if anyone is interested in them e-mail me.They are made of solid 5/8 inch thick oak, stained and a coat of minwax polyurathane put on them. Turned out perty nice.If no one is interested I will most likly e-bay them. Would like to get around 45 bucks plus 15 for shipping and handling if posible.

I am working on somewhat the same project. I have the Oak pieces all cut and ready and stained Black to match my speakers, but I am having a hard time finding a suitable grill for the top of the amp. Yours is quite close to what I would like. May I ask where you got your grill from? I scoured Home Depot this last week and couldn't find anything i liked.

Bob

The cabinets have adjustible feet on the botum of the cabinet, the cabinet sits around the tube amp. No holes to drill into your tube amp to mount the cabinet.You can just lift it right off your tube amp to watch the tubes glow while listening, or if you need to bias your amp. Real handy.

Heritagbob I looked long and hard to find what I thought looked best and came up with this stuff. It is what they call expanded metal you can find it at welding shops. I cut it out to the right size with a dremmel and painted it with gold paint. Looks real good and it is thick stuff too.

Craig,

I have the money set aside. We are moving tomorrow, so I haven't had time to ring you, but whatever Sat or Sun you want to come up, just let us know. And bring whatever you want to listen to(or with) if you want. We are less than two miles off of 55, so the trip will be easy if the weather cooperates!

I will save you one back sheltie, my name is ALAN, dont get me mixed up with that ostby dude, LOL.Man a brand new house what a lucky guy you are Dave. And just moving in I better wait at least a couple of weeks to make the trip up there so you can get settled in.

Guest Anonymous

Do you have on that will fir the scott 272, I fyou talk to Craig at NOSVALVES he has the unit and I would like to buy a case from you If it FITS3.gif Thanks Smilin

Smilin,my cabinet wont fit your 272, acording to the scott web sight this unit takes a bigger case, mine wont fit it.Man that 272 looks like one huge amp, awsome. I bet you cant wait to get it back from crag.If I can get some measurments from you some time this winter I might be able to make you one up and you can try it out to see if it fits. Thanks for your intrest ALAN.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/8/2003 12:16:13 AM arfz28 wrote:

Smilin,my cabinet wont fit your 272, acording to the scott web sight this unit takes a bigger case, mine wont fit it.Man that 272 looks like one huge amp, awsome. I bet you cant wait to get it back from crag.If I can get some measurments from you some time this winter I might be able to make you one up and you can try it out to see if it fits. Thanks for your intrest ALAN.

----------------

Alan, Thanks for the nice words, and you bet I want to try it

2.gif Craig will have it till we get together in mid january, oh well I bet it will l;ook great with TUBES GLOWING TOO11.gif . We will get you the measurment and hopfully end up with a case. Be good

Smilin

Hey Alan, sorry it took me so long to post but getting a spare moment this time of year is tough. I have Alan's first Demo and it looks great. Unfortunatly so good that my wife finely noticed it in the garage.

Yes, its fits over the EH taller tubes with some room to spare. The wire vent is over the top of the tubes and it fits just fine. It looks great for those of you who do not want to have it attached to the amp. As in the picture there is no bottom. Lots of hard work involved and a definite must for $60.00.

Thanks Alan.

Thanks Bill for the great reply, glad you like the cabinet. Man I am glad this cabinet cleared those bigger aftermarket 7591 tubes this will give me the ability to sell them to fit the 299c and like your amp the 299d.How much room is there to spare on the output tubes bill, it cant be much, I knew it was going to be a tight fit.