Diana Krall stinks

silvertip

Kelly,

have you ever noticed that your questions alway lead to the person being questioned as being of lessor experience or of lessor worth in the world of audio then the almightly Kelly Holsten ??

Diana Krall is the most boring and undemanding music on earth to audition a system on point blank !! The only amps that get auditioned with that type of music is SET nothing else.

When will you realize that the music you listen to and enjoy is not what everyone listens too and enjoys ??

I audition my amps with the music I listen too not the music you listen too dude. The music I listen to has Piano's, strings, Drums you name it !!

Craig

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and numbhead the Bose wave radio was a joke have you ever heard real joke ! Get your head out of the clowds this stuff doesn't have to be that serious ! Oh that's right you like to hide your jokes in riddles that 90% of the normal people do not get ! Same goes for your insults. But there insults just the same.

Just like the original poster that just PMed me to say he has read this forum for 2 or 3 weeks and thought the post would be fun. although he may have came out a little strong he had a valid point. I think Diana Krall is elavator music ! he said it was his first and last post here this place is just to stuffy people can not take a joke !

Craig

to say that diana krall stinks really exhibits a very high level of ignorance or maybe simple stupidity....

ms. krall is an artist who conveys a great deal of emotion through her musical presentation.... personally, i feel she is in the same league as billie holiday and sarah vaughn.....

you may not appreciate her selection of "jazz classics".... but they are presesnted in a very authentic and truly emotional manner....

as for using diana krall as audition material.....why not?......

if you know a certain recording very well it is an excellent choice to use as a recording to audition new equipment at your local audio dealer......

and ..as was pointed out earlier in this thread..... piano is very difficult to "get right"... as well as some very exposed acoustic guitar solos and vibes solos.....

and if you haven't heard it yet...i highly recommend her "live in paris" recording....

really outstanding!!!!

Minn,

If Diana Krall is the type of music you listen to then sure why not but what if your taste are just a little wider then that ? Surely you would audition a piece of gear with something a little more challenging also wouldn't you ? the dynamic range of that music is almost nothing.

for the record I think she sings great but its really not my cup of tea !

Craig

Are Friends Electric is my good friend Tad in Chapel Hill with the Wright Sound 3.5 amps and Cornwalls. He just got a Sony SCD-777ES and has a Tjoeb 99. I think I have referred to him no less than 20 times in the past. He posts from his own reference frame. This thread has gone to hell.

kh

ps - Not sure I would put Diana Krall anywhere in the same league as Billie Holiday but she sure deserves more respect than given in this thread.

Craig, your responses are like mudvayne via a football stadium sound system. Even the most even handed reply brings some sort of heavy handed bombast. You defeat yourself 95% of the time with anyone that reads carefully or that understands things besides the text equivalent of a bullhorn.

Riddles? Indeed. What may seem like confusing riddles to you is simply a cohesive paragraph with a coherent statement to others.

I dont even like Diana Krall that much and have criticized her here many a time. She had one or two ok recordings in my view. But elevator music? Yet I dont spout off about your listening tastes or music you deem sufficient. You say endless crap about stuff you know almost nothing about. As for Krall, that is probably one of her weakest CDs after "The Look of Love" horror with the maudlin string treatment.

I personally think the Eagles, Bob Seger, Don Henley et al are akin to White Bread rock with about as much depth and character as a pork pie hat without the brim. It is more sappy and more closely related to elevator music, in my view. In addition, it is literally some of the worst recorded music I know. I would rather listen to a jackhammer in the key of R'ra than some Don Henley retread, which sounds like aural oatmeal, without the nutrition.

kh

ps- I would give ANYTHING for something subtle from you. Your base insults are tiring. I wasn't going to even post this and then read the latest from BUB.

I think both Silver and Craig love Mrs. Krall to death and matter-of-factly they're currently enjoying her "Love Scenes" album. And they're just too ashame to admit since they started the rebellion inadvertantly. It was only suppose to be a joke since the forum is pretty dead.

Believe what you want but I personally know many many more poeple from this forum then you. I can tell you first hand there opinion of you is pretty much unanomous they think you can be a fun read but way over the edge from reality ! Somene has to keep you in line here or you just get out of hand !

Craig

Hey!, I play some Diana Krall now and then. She ain't no Billie Holiday but she's worth an occasional listen. Tippy was just looking for a squabble. Young guy like that should have something better to do on a Friday night.

His comments were sort of ignorant, malicious and most certainly juvenile.

You ok lynnm? Dumb question.